10-19-2011 03:22 AM
34 12
tools
    How did this manage to turn into the most viewed thread on the entire Android Central forums????
    06-30-2011 06:50 AM
    help, i tryed to flash my rooted thunderbolt to gingerbreak and when it came to the adb shell and the radio being flashed, i rebooted the phone instead of going through adb shell. now my phone is bricked, any help would be appreciated
    Hey dude looks like you might want to head over here to the Thunderbolt forums for the answer to that, dont have the phone and not comfortable answering safely, http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...ng-roms-hacks/. Good luck!!
    06-30-2011 07:03 AM
    awesome thread!
    06-30-2011 11:42 PM
    wow after reading all this I think I a bit scared to try and root my nexus S there was a few apps i wanted but need to root inorder to work. owell maybe i will wait until i feel more comfortable first
    07-01-2011 07:23 AM
    Don't worry about rooting as long as you have backups and you can get to stock. last night I was having issue with gummy and it not notifying me of work emails so I just went into CWM and flashed to Altered Beast. One thing I did worry about is in the instructions for Gummy it says if coming from another ROM you must wipe. What exactly does that mean?
    07-01-2011 09:58 AM
    Most important thing to do is read, read, and when you are ready read some more! The Nexus phone is already unlocked so the steps to root are not too bad and there is so much potential for the phone. Head on over to the nexus section there are some great instructions on there
    07-01-2011 11:45 AM
    I'm quite confused. Where do I get started? Do I have to root to get Voodoo? As I only want Voodoo to clear up the lag at this point.

Also, I was looking at the auto root and it said it was "semi-root", so what does that mean and can I use it on EE4?
    07-01-2011 03:40 PM
    I'm quite confused. Where do I get started? Do I have to root to get Voodoo? As I only want Voodoo to clear up the lag at this point.

Also, I was looking at the auto root and it said it was "semi-root", so what does that mean and can I use it on EE4?
    http://www.androidcentral.com/root
    Check out this link, its got alot of helpful info compiled from the forums here for people just getting started with rooting your phone, your post doesnt say what kind of phone you are rocking but if you are posting in this one and have a Charge look at the top of the Roots, ROMs and hacks and there are a bunch of stickys from all of the ROM authors. They have taken the time to explain what the ROM entails and most have great instructions on how to go about rooting, I used DroidX's Altered Beast and he even has a picture guide of what to do( now thats what I call easy!!!) but be sure to Read Read and Read to make sure you know what you are getting into!
    Edit- meant to say GunnerMike has a great sticky up there about how to use Clockworkmod and what Voodoo is.
    07-01-2011 06:21 PM
    I can now say rooting is one of the best things that has happen to my nexus s. Been like this for months and wow so many options

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    10-19-2011 03:22 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD