Since installing a Voodoo kernal my boot animation is choppy and not very pleasing to see, any way to fix it?
    06-28-2011 12:36 PM
    Since installing a Voodoo kernal my boot animation is choppy and not very pleasing to see, any way to fix it?
    AFAIK, all of the recent Voodoo kernals have this issue. It doesn't affect the performance of the phone at all, so I'm not concerned with the boot animation.

On that note, does anyone know how to get rid of or replace the boot animation? I knew how to with my DroidX, but not with the Charge.
    LowRentTechGuy likes this.
    06-29-2011 08:52 AM
    Glad to see someone else notice this. I was gonna post about it myself. Had me concerned, as it seems there's definitely a problem . But, have not noticed any real performance issues.
    06-30-2011 10:28 AM
    As mentioned it is a known issue with the Voodoo kernel but has no affect on the device itself. Personally it is no bother as I have no use for the silly animation anyways....lol.
    06-30-2011 11:11 AM
    On that note, does anyone know how to get rid of or replace the boot animation? I knew how to with my DroidX, but not with the Charge.[/QUOTE]

You can delete the system/media files bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg w/ root explorer or equivalent. I'd suggest making backup copies first, its kinda eerie seeing the SAMSUNG then a black screen while the phone boots.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Bravozero likes this.
    06-30-2011 11:35 AM
    The glitchy boot animation is caused by the Voodoo lagfix. If you want to fix it, you can simply attempt to install a new boot animation via Absolute System Tools. I think the app Boot Animation Installer will also "work".

Neither application will successfully replace the stock boot animation, but attempting to install a custom boot animation will correct the glitchy stock animation.
    06-30-2011 12:46 PM
    The glitchy boot animation is caused by the Voodoo lagfix. If you want to fix it, you can simply attempt to install a new boot animation via Absolute System Tools. I think the app Boot Animation Installer will also "work".

Neither application will successfully replace the stock boot animation, but attempting to install a custom boot animation will correct the glitchy stock animation.
    I wonder if there's a way to port the DX boot animation over to the Charge.
    06-30-2011 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I pretty much just assumed I broke something. Not a big deal, phone still runs fine.
    06-30-2011 04:01 PM
    To have custom boot animations, we need the kernel to support loading bootanimation.zip files from the system/media. Our super kernel dev imnuts mentioned he was looking into having custom boot support soon, but has not got around to doing so just yet.

On my fascinate, I enjoyed changing bootanimations....was very easy to do, just pop a new bootanimation.zip file in system/media. I had about 15 files that I would change around almost daily.

At least we can change the bootup sound and do custom shutdown sounds and animations.
    06-30-2011 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD