12-05-2011 05:53 PM
27 12
tools
    I have a Samsung GalaxyTab 10.1 which I tether to my Charge. I use WirelessTether, set for infrastructure mode (Android seems to be unable to connect to an ad hoc network) and non-broadcast SSID. The GTab will also not connect to a non-broadcast SSID, so I have the Hidden SSID Enabler app installed and running. This configuration works a charm and was free.
    I will be running home after work to try this...I have a xoom wifi and already miss the wifi hotspot widget that I am contenplating flashing back to pre GB until someone can figure a workaround this whole verizon/ free wifi problem

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    12-05-2011 01:21 PM
    I will be running home after work to try this...I have a xoom wifi and already miss the wifi hotspot widget that I am contenplating flashing back to pre GB until someone can figure a workaround this whole verizon/ free wifi problem

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    Wireless Tether requires a rooted phone to work. Is the lastest (Gingerbread?) OTA updated pushed by VZW rootable? If not, I'll keep waiting on installing that; I can't not have tether. :\

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2011 05:53 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD