Maxx, Ultra, and Mini - bootlader unlock is available now

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I already tried and said it can't proceed due to no such binary being detected. This is on droid Maxx running 4.4.4

Posted via the Android Central App

estwo

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
i need help to unlock a Verizon Droid Mini.
it has no sim card.

Android Ver. 4.4
Kernal Ver. 3.4.42-gfae57e0
System ver. 19.5.3.obakem_version.Verizon.en.US

will the Sunshine code work?
any help is greatly appreciated.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i need help to unlock a Verizon Droid Mini.
it has no sim card.

Android Ver. 4.4
Kernal Ver. 3.4.42-gfae57e0
System ver. 19.5.3.obakem_version.Verizon.en.US

will the Sunshine code work?
any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, sunshine should work on 19.5.3 with version 4.4. Once the phone is updated to 4.4.4, there is no root vulnerability that Sunshine can exploit to unlock the bootloader.

estwo

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
how to tell if this Droid Mini is tied to the CDMA wireless standard or the GSM wireless standard?
i want to be able to use this with AT&T if possible.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
how to tell if this Droid Mini is tied to the CDMA wireless standard or the GSM wireless standard?
i want to be able to use this with AT&T if possible.

The Droid Mini has both CDMA and GSM bands (i.e., it's a global device) and it is not SIM locked to Verizon. It will work on AT&T, though you probably will not get AT&T's LTE bands. You should get HSPA or HSPA+, though.

mfrederick98

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx 4.4.4. Not rooted. Bootloader is locked. Does the phone need to have my SIM card and be activated on Verizon in order for Motorola to verify my phone for unlock code? The phone is non-dev version, but others have said it worked on their phone. Question #1 is...do i need SIM card + activation on network for this work.

It seems once I can get unlocked, I can then RSD flash to 4.2.2 so I can root. Is this still possible from 4.4.4?

Thanks,
Marc

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Motorola will not give an unlock code for a non developer version of the Maxx.

No, you can't downgrade the software once the bootloader is updated, but you don't need to if the bootloader is unlocked. You flash twrp recovery to replace stock and twrp will root the phone for you.

vaio123456

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
hi i am in same scenario as mfrederick98 is in . i am on system version 24.13.2.obakem_verizon.en.us android 4.4.4

i have random reboot issue , i am not happy about it , so want to install some other rom, other than stock. plz its good phone , any suggestions would be helpful