Rooted w/Sunshine, now what

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I rooted my Maxx with Sunshine (it was very easy, $25).

First of all, I'd like to be on 4.4.4, currently on 4.2.2. I assume that OTAs are a bad idea from here on out. How do I go about doing updates now?

Also curious what other things folks are doing that require root. I mainly did it to get on the latest version without losing wifi tether.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Got root all straightened out, now I need to find a ROM to get updated, as OTAs don't work anymore. Can anyone point me to a ROM that's essentially stock and as up to date as possible? I'm kinda stuck now on 4.2.2.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Got root all straightened out, now I need to find a ROM to get updated, as OTAs don't work anymore. Can anyone point me to a ROM that's essentially stock and as up to date as possible? I'm kinda stuck now on 4.2.2.

Well, since you unlocked your bootloader and, I'm assuming, installed custom recovery which, in turn, installed root - correct? It should be. Anyway, from here out you don't need custom ROMS as you can use the official ones - download the official 4.4.4 and install it, then reboot into recovery and re-install root- done. There was a site that kept all offiical FXZ files (installable via RSD Light) but for some reason it's down right now. Once it up again, download the official system image from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

Or you can download stock debloated 4.4.4 ROM from here: [ROM] Debloated Stock 4.4.4 21.11.21 Release… | Motorola Droid Ultra | XDA Forums

Then, use this to enable native tether: [MOD][ROOT]Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3 | Motorola Droid Ultra | XDA Forums