Will it be the Droid Fighter or the Droid RAZR MAXX HD?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I can see no reason why a phone like the razr could not have been designed withj a complete removable back, with a LI Polymer battery able to slid into a slot just like a standard LI-ION battery. Yes, the polymer is more fragile (bendable) than the common battery in use now. But still, can't see why it could not have had some type of outer plates to stiffen the battery to prevent it from easily bending. Other than costs...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can see no reason why a phone like the razr could not have been designed withj a complete removable back, with a LI Polymer battery able to slid into a slot just like a standard LI-ION battery. Yes, the polymer is more fragile (bendable) than the common battery in use now. But still, can't see why it could not have had some type of outer plates to stiffen the battery to prevent it from easily bending. Other than costs...

Because it isn't feasible and it isn't safe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
More photos from China - but they're probably not the Fighter?

There are more leaked pictures of a potential new Motorola phone from a Chinese website. Here's a link to the photos and a brief report - click here

Hard to say if it will ever reach the U.S. but I like the idea of having more choices of Motorola phones with improved screens and cameras.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Because it isn't feasible and it isn't safe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not a debate, but could you post some information that says it is not feasible and is not safe? As i stated, add some thin plates to stiffen the battery. Honestly, I can bend a LI-ION battery, bent one on my BB a few years ago.

As for entire back removal, isn't that done on quite a few phones already?

darat532

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope that this phone has at least the TI OMAP 4470 processor clocked at 1.8GHZ and android 4.0 on board. if it has these items it could very well be a BEAST.:cool:

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Not a debate, but could you post some information that says it is not feasible and is not safe? As i stated, add some thin plates to stiffen the battery. Honestly, I can bend a LI-ION battery, bent one on my BB a few years ago.

As for entire back removal, isn't that done on quite a few phones already?

I'm sure they could add some thin plates for bracing or some sort of support structure. However, just adding a few plates would have required them to find some space in a phone with not a lot of available internal real estate. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they just had space constraints and couldn't find the room. Besides after having the Maxx now for a while I haven't had a reason yet to take the back off or battery out. Just my 2c.

micirwin

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at the Droid Razr MAXX, to purchase next week, but heard of this new phone coming supposedly to Verizon in April, the Droid Fighter. Will it possibly be a better phone then the Razr MAXX? Will it have a better display, better camera, better processor and the same battery as the MAXX? The question is...Should I wait? Will it be even thinner with the same robust battery of the MAXX? How long will I most likely have to wait? And last, does it matter if I upgrade to 4.0 on the MAXX, or have it native on Fighter? Is there a difference and worth waiting for?

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at the Droid Razr MAXX, to purchase next week, but heard of this new phone coming supposedly to Verizon in April, the Droid Fighter. Will it possibly be a better phone then the Razr MAXX? Will it have a better display, better camera, better processor and the same battery as the MAXX? The question is...Should I wait? Will it be even thinner with the same robust battery of the MAXX? How long will I most likely have to wait? And last, does it matter if I upgrade to 4.0 on the MAXX, or have it native on Fighter? Is there a difference and worth waiting for?

I went ahead and made the leap for the RAZR MAXX today. I look at it this way, the MAXX has phenomenal battery life from what I see on my friends phone and it is exactly what I need. Another thing too is that there will always be something bigger and better coming out so if you wait for the Droid Fighter then I am sure this Fall something else more sexy will come out.

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY like the name "Fighter". In an age where marketing has catered to politically correct overtones ad nauseum, a good, solid, powerful name like "Fighter" is a selling point. Alas, at this rate it will probably be the Moto-flower by release.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY like the name "Fighter". In an age where marketing has catered to politically correct overtones ad nauseum, a good, solid, powerful name like "Fighter" is a selling point. Alas, at this rate it will probably be the Moto-flower by release.

The Fighter name has grown on me too.

That said, I'm sticking with my bet that the Fighter name will be dropped and some interation of RAZR will be used instead. I'm sure the corporate types in Motorola feel they have too much equity in the RAZR brand to drop it and launch a new phone as the Fighter.

Time will tell and I've certainly been wrong in the past.....

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well its 4-11-12 and talk about the Fighter has been scarce even tho the speculated release date is 4-12-12.

Any other info?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Good find droidfan!

I agree. :)

Now that the naming issue's been resolved I guess we'll have to wait to hear what the specs are going to be and when the RAZR HD is going to be released.

Concerning the release date, there was a thread on XDA Developers that had a post stating the RAZR HD would be released in June. Time will tell.....

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree. :)

Now that the naming issue's been resolved I guess we'll have to wait to hear what the specs are going to be and when the RAZR HD is going to be released.

Concerning the release date, there was a thread on XDA Developers that had a post stating the RAZR HD would be released in June. Time will tell.....

June would be reasonable. It would also avoid getting swallowed up by new iPhone hype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DnCxRabbit

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Motorola is most likely sticking with Droid Fighter. Currently I work for Verizon and we have accessories stating for Droid Fighter cases and screen protectors will be available to order. However there's still no exact date when it will be launched but I would say look for it in late May or early June.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Motorola is most likely sticking with Droid Fighter. Currently I work for Verizon and we have accessories stating for Droid Fighter cases and screen protectors will be available to order. However there's still no exact date when it will be launched but I would say look for it in late May or early June.

The galaxy nexus also had accessories that said nexus prime on them, so...

Droid RAZR HD is far more likely.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2