Will it be the Droid Fighter or the Droid RAZR MAXX HD?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting the Droid Fighter name won't make it to the retail shelves. My bet is the Fighter will be renamed the Droid RAZR MAXX HD and Motorola will market the phone as an addition to their RAZR line.

I also bet Motorola will use Sears' old "Good, Better, Best" approach and price the RAZR at the bottom of the market and the RAZR MAXX HD at the top of the market - maybe a $99, $199, $299 pricing structure.

Anyone else think the Fighter name will die off before the phone reaches retail?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll tell you one thing. If it has ICS on it and my MAXX doesn't when it's released. I'm gonna take my razr and use it to cut Motorola a new arsehole.

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx

Reactions: jkern72

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I want a screen bigger than my Razr. That said, if this had the thinness of the Razr, the battery size/life of the MAXX, HD screen resolution, and a faster version of the OMAP processor... there is no way I wouldn't trade up.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty content with my razr maxx.. Before on my thunderbolt there always seemed to be something lacking. Now this phone does all I need, for now at least......

Reactions: bed269

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Any chance this is quad-core?

It's possible but I'm betting against it. There's not much info out about the Fighter's specs so at this point it's anyone's guess.

My bet is the Fighter will be very similar to the RAZR Motorola is currently selling in China and if that's the case the primary improvements will be screen size, screen quality and camera quality.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I don't think quad-core will show up on the Fighter. I'm not even thinking it will get much of a processor bump. That screen is going to be real nice, though.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would bet against a quad core since this phone has probably been in development for a while, or already produced for the Chinese market with a dual core.
However, I would guess it would at least be a 4460 vs. the 4430 in the current Razrs. Would really be nice if it was a 4470, which I heard was to be released in 2012.
But, I'll be first to admit, I don't know poop. Just guessing like everyone else....:D

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I would bet on a Droid RAZR HD moniker, without the Maxx, while retaining the same large battery of the Maxx. (or maybe even enlarged since the handset is going to have the space)

I also see it supplanting the space in Verizon's lineup where the Maxx currently sits, and the Maxx replacing the regular RAZR. (with the RAZR either being EOL'd or priced at $99)

That actually makes the most sense because their lineup would look like this:

RAZR HD-$299
RAZR Maxx-$199
RAZR-$99

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I would bet against a quad core since this phone has probably been in development for a while, or already produced for the Chinese market with a dual core.
However, I would guess it would at least be a 4460 vs. the 4430 in the current Razrs. Would really be nice if it was a 4470, which I heard was to be released in 2012.
But, I'll be first to admit, I don't know poop. Just guessing like everyone else....:D

You know more than you think you know. Most known quad-core mobile processors come from companies that Motorola doesnt work with often (Qualcomm, Samsung Exynos, etc) and often they work with TI on the Droid line, who doesnt have a quad-core near production yet. Look for a 4460-4470, but dont be shocked at the same processor as the RAZRs, 4430 at 1.2 GHz.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I would bet on a Droid RAZR HD moniker, without the Maxx, while retaining the same large battery of the Maxx. (or maybe even enlarged since the handset is going to have the space)

I hope you're right - I like the name RAZR HD better than RAZR MAXX HD.

I also hope Motorola and the other OEMs start making larger batteries standard so that "battery life" becomes a non-issue when looking for a new phone.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree that we should all be prepared to be underwhlelmed, but dang.... With a name like Droid Fighter, You sorta are telling people this is going to be the shizzle. Anything less and you will be mocked.... relentlessly.

I wouldn't complain with a Qualcomm S4, but since they've only used one Qualcomm processor in the last few years on a smarthphone, we stand a better chance of getting a Tegra that they've paired with an LTE chip themselves (similiar to what Fujitsu has done). Although, I'm sure that comes with a loss to battery life because of two seperate chips... but, will that huge battery soften the blow?

I know people are saying there is no way it could have be Intel, but I think it may. We don't know how long this alliance between the two has been going on and it may have been way further along when they announced it than we think.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope you're right - I like the name RAZR HD better than RAZR MAXX HD.

I also hope Motorola and the other OEMs start making larger batteries standard so that "battery life" becomes a non-issue when looking for a new phone.

You'll have to get used to non-replaceable batteries then. That's the only way to get high capacity batteries into phones like the maxx.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk