not sure what motorola is waiting for

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
a HUGE portion of verizon has already switched to gs3 and i'm sure a good third of vzw customers are waiting for the next iphone. gs3 is going to be very tough to beat. i'm a motorola fan (droid x) but unless they undercut samsung, i don't know how successful this phone will be. :/

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
But one thing it has going for it, in the name is says "droid". That immeadiately moves it to the front of the store in Verizons eyes. Unless the word "Charge" follows it, then not so much

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
a HUGE portion of verizon has already switched to gs3 and i'm sure a good third of vzw customers are waiting for the next iphone. gs3 is going to be very tough to beat. i'm a motorola fan (droid x) but unless they undercut samsung, i don't know how successful this phone will be. :/

Could you define hugh portion? Five, ten, fifteen percent, etc.? And is the figure one-third good for the number of iPhone users at Verizon?

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
the figure for iphones is what my vzw salesperson told me. i walked in and talked to them the other day while swapping phones. they also told me that gs3 upgrades "are insane" so i'm taking that as a large number.

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
the figure for iphones is what my vzw salesperson told me. i walked in and talked to them the other day while swapping phones. they also told me that gs3 upgrades "are insane" so i'm taking that as a large number.

Waiting for the GS3 to taper off? iPhone sales to taper off? don't understand. Could Moto be waiting for Apple's announcement on Sept 12th? Or do it a few days prior/after? THis is getting annoying, want to know whether or not to get the GS3 or whatever Moto has up it's sleeve!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
uh. maybe it's not ready yet.

Motorola's last Verizon release was the DROID 4 (I think), back in February. People are always clamoring for these phone manufacturers to release less phones.

Motorola's been busy - wrapping up the acquisition by Google, working on updates for the RAZR, MAXX, XOOM, Xyboard, Bionic, and DROID 4 - not to mention products for Sprint and AT&T (the Photon and Atrix lines).

Reactions: jroc

anon(557159)

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
S3, iPhone, HD, what is it to VZW really? They don't care if you go from one phone to anther as long as they provide the service, they get the money.

Reactions: jroc

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but what about Motorola? I'm betting that this is the next "bionic" and that there will be one in another release with a bigger battery in 2 months.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but what about Motorola? I'm betting that this is the next "bionic" and that there will be one in another release with a bigger battery in 2 months.

Bigger battery two months later would be like the RAZR, not the Bionic.

Can't say this RAZR HD is late like the Bionic either because it wasn't officially announced then delayed for nine months.

Just saying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Bigger battery two months later would be like the RAZR, not the Bionic.

Can't say this RAZR HD is late like the Bionic either because it wasn't officially announced then delayed for nine months.

Just saying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
Yeah. How about combining the Bionic and Razr. Either way I'm willing to bet that something else is cooking.

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Timing for one, they probably want to release it around the same time as the iphone 5. Two could possibly be Jelly Bean. Any device being released now with anything less then Jelly Bean is already behind the curve. Having the HD come out as the first non Nexus JB device would be big.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what Moto is waiting for... Me to go on vacation so I miss the release. I just have this feeling that its going to happen.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would go now if I could. In my expert opinion based on absolutely nothing I would say its gonna come around late august early September.

I've seen rumors of mid-August, but those are, of course, rumors. If the rumors about a late September announcement and October release of iPhone 5 are true I'm guessing that the Razr HD will want to be out ahead of the. I would agree with a late August early September estimate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2