Jelly Bean at launch?

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What are the chances that the razr hd will ship with jelly bean? motorola would be foolish not to ship this phone without the latest and greatest android os. By the time the razr hd hits stores, the samsung gs3 will likely already have pushed out the jb update to those phones.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
They would be stupid not to do this, especially if they have an anemic camera in it like the Atrix HD

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
With the big invites being sent out, I think that moto is going to make sure that this phone delivers on the hype. They don't want to have a roomful of tech savvy internet bloggers tweeting about what a let down this phone is.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
With the big invites being sent out, I think that moto is going to make sure that this phone delivers on the hype. They don't want to have a roomful of tech savvy internet bloggers tweeting about what a let down this phone is.

If it goes on sale in September, it will launch with ICS. There is no possible way Motorola and Verizon have approved any JB for a phone that has been testing with ICS for as long as it has.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TannerRG

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
If it goes on sale in September, it will launch with ICS. There is no possible way Motorola and Verizon have approved any JB for a phone that has been testing with ICS for as long as it has.

Sounds like that's the obvious answer. Definetly not gonna be JB.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
They would be stupid not to do this, especially if they have an anemic camera in it like the Atrix HD

You're right. Since it would be very stupid not to ship without JB, i'm willing to bet that it WILL be shipped without JB. I believe that the odds are waaaay in my favor.:p

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Yup, I wouldn't bet on JB showing up on this device until spring 2013. Probably about the same time it shows up on Verizon's GNEX.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
it's really pathetic if Moto doesn't have JB on this device by the time it goes on sale. Likely, the GS3 will already have JB at that time, and this device isn't much different that the GS3.

If Moto hadn't been so slow to get ICS on the Razr and Razr Maxx this year, I wouldn't have worried about their promiss of a software upgrade. Why would Moto be any faster with upgrading the Razr HD? they don't have the same incentive to upgrade a product after the user has already paid for it. They'll get around to it, but when it is convenient to them.

I'll be highly idsappointed if this is slated to have JB on it when it hits stores.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
it's really pathetic if Moto doesn't have JB on this device by the time it goes on sale. Likely, the GS3 will already have JB at that time, and this device isn't much different that the GS3.

If Moto hadn't been so slow to get ICS on the Razr and Razr Maxx this year, I wouldn't have worried about their promiss of a software upgrade. Why would Moto be any faster with upgrading the Razr HD? they don't have the same incentive to upgrade a product after the user has already paid for it. They'll get around to it, but when it is convenient to them.

I'll be highly idsappointed if this is slated to have JB on it when it hits stores.

The GS3 is irrelevant. Its been on the market for a while, meaning Samsung has had time to work on JB since Google announced it. Motorola would have been unable to switch the os midway through its carrier certification without delaying the phone.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
With the history of Samsung updates I have doubt the GS3 or the NEXUS will be updated to JB in that short of time. Look at how long it took MOTO to update the RAZR to ICS and all the trouble that is causing some people. I did not have any issues with that and I have ditched the RAZR Maxx for the GS3 which I like better and not looking fwd to an update really. I am just fine with ICS but then I was just fine with GB. Once they got your money for the phone they don't make any money with updates. They make money when you buy a new phone. They are in the market to make money for the shareholders. Shareholders don't care about people out here wanting updates either. Shareholders want them to get new products out so they receive the big dividend checks. If the new phone will have JB or ICS on it is a toss up. If it has a more powerful processor that would take more research on MOTO's part and if they have enough time before they need to bring more money in for the shareholders. If they come out with a new phone many people will buy it just because it is the latest and greatest.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, Put HTC in that category as well. At least Razr and MAXX users got ICS before the Rezound users did.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, Put HTC in that category as well. At least Razr and MAXX users got ICS before the Rezound users did.
Not fast enough for some of the RAZR/MAXX users when I was using a MAXX. Those people thought y months was way to long. They were looking for it no later than a month after the MAXX came out and I think the NEXUS was already out with ICS which I also had but returned it cause I did not like charging the battery 2/3 times a day with light usage. According to most people VZW don't update anything with a resonable schedule. I have used most of the android OS and I was happy with all of them The Android updates are very comparable to MSFT only MSFT is a much bigger OS. Android has many more parties involved and to get more the 2 people to agree on something is a major undertaking.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh I agree. I think that Mr. Smith hit the nail on the head in the Rezound forum. OTAs just need to go away and upgrades should come straight from the manufacturer via a download. Verizon blew their promises for both the Rez and the Razr / MAXX lines.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh I agree. I think that Mr. Smith hit the nail on the head in the Rezound forum. OTAs just need to go away and upgrades should come straight from the manufacturer via a download. Verizon blew their promises for both the Rez and the Razr / MAXX lines.

What did Motorola official promise?

I believe it was to start rollout by Q2 2012. Last I checked, Motorola and Verizon did just that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21