Screen quality on the RAZR HD/MAXX HD?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So, I know that Andrew Vacca said that the screen was beautiful (even compared to the SGS3 and the HTC One X) in the hands-on video from the Motorola announcement... But has anything been heard about it since? I'm back on my OG Droid since my Droid 3 bit the dust (see picture below) and I'm trying to figure out whether I should jump on the SGS3, the RAZR HD (or MAXX HD if I could swing the bucks), or wait and see what the Incredible X/One X 5/DLX/DIX/WTFBBQ looks like.

droid3death.jpg

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I would just wait a month and see for yourself! I am on the OG and have no immediate desire to switch until I see the full Xmas lineup. Put steeldroid ROM on there and be content

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I would just wait a month and see for yourself! I am on the OG and have no immediate desire to switch until I see the full Xmas lineup. Put steeldroid ROM on there and be content
Well, I've actually had Bugless Beast on it for quite a while. The problem is that the keyboard has bubbled out and become hard to type on. I've also got a bit of arthritis so even with SwiftKey on the 3.7 inch of I fumble around a bit.

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the droid razr hd/maxx may be delayed a bit due to antennae issues. If I were you I might purchase a new screen and try a diy fix

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
After all these replies, nobody's talked about the screen quality.

There's a lot on YouTube. Have you seen these? Looks to be excellent to me....also it looks ultra sharp and bright and I don't think it has as much of the usually AMOLED inherent greenish/yellowish tint. It definiteley looks better to me anyway than the S3.

I'll say this though. For example, you can't really tell the sharpness or any of the usual real world AMOLED tint of the galaxy s3 on the review sites which have very high resolution pics documented. But the Razr HD pics look brighter, cooler, and sharper. So I'm guessing that the tint or tinge will be like the Razr M, meaning none, but higher sharpness and just way better looking.

What to you expect, we haven't seen it person.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz