Further delays? Wonderful.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Two problems with that article:

First, a release date was not given by Motorola or Verizon, so there is not a delay unless the phone does not come out this year. Second, and more importantly, the source is Phandroid.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Sure these are all unofficial. And you're so narrow minded that you suddenly forget all the various rumours throughout the years on many devices and how they actually ended up being close or accurate?

IPhone 5 leaked photos, everyone on the boards said no way it looks like a cheesy mockup. Hah turned out what, almost exactly accurate.
BlackBerry rumors for YEARS on the boards all turned out close or accurate. The patterns have been believable. And do a Google search on the Razr delay. My link is by far not the only one.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Two problems with that article:

First, a release date was not given by Motorola or Verizon, so there is not a delay unless the phone does not come out this year. Second, and more importantly, the source is Phandroid.

:)

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope the rumors are wrong. I bought the Razr M but realized I'd just be bummed when the HD comes out so i'll be returning it. I don't want to go months without a phone at all.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I bought the M but am going to get the Maxx HD with its car sized battery. Cant wait for it to come out. Hope the rumors are not true.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a RAZR hd.. not delayed.you can't delay something that was never anounced for a release date lol. I'm testing one . No issues on my end . I wouldn't return it from the RAZR m to be honest. Not really much different except screen size. . Great phone though I like the back of it but I prefer the RAZR m size wise. Camera is better but still not worth exchanging from m to it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349562164228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349562164228.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349562179536.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349562179536.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 47

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
^So it is essentially the exact same phone as the Razr M except for screen size and quality? I would really like to know because I am either getting this or the Samsung Galaxy S3. I want to hold out for the Razr HD because of the better build quality and MOTO phones tend to have great call quality which I am hearing a lot of people complain about with the Galaxy S3. The only thing is tha the S3 has a full GB more of RAM than the Razr HD.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well its to each their own. Honestly I'm bored of my s3 already and I really like the feel of the RAZR m and HD. I love the build quality of both. If a incredible camera isnt a top feature go with RAZR hd. Hell if you get the RAZR HD ill be more than willing to trade you my s3 for it lol.

The screen is Nicer than the m. But its biggest draw is the build quality. I honestly feel its the best build of any phone I have held. As silly as it is too my absolute favorite little feature on this thing is the led indicator.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349573521093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349573521093.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 36

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Let's just say if both phones were released at the exact same time I would of gotten RAZR. Also I'd recommend you get the maxx HD over RAZR HD. The size difference is only a millimeter. The RAZR HD itself has nice battery life but my biggest draw to original RAZR was how thin it was. Now nothing really seperates it apart from the Maxx HD so if you have the extra money to spend get the maxx

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Correct.. from my understanding Motorola will always have built in batteries from here on .. unless Google decided to do some changing..

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Correct.. from my understanding Motorola will always have built in batteries from here on .. unless Google decided to do some changing..

Just curious, but what is thier reasoning behind building a phone with a non-removable battery? Is it less expensive? I like the idea of a removable battery because it offers another option when your phone locks up and you can't shut it down. It also offered me to option to install a larger battery. Not that I would need this option with the Maxx HD, but it others, like my Droid X for instance.

Any thoughts?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I really couldnt tell you... My thought is that they feel they have a good thing going with it and once the enigneers think they mastered something they ride with it.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, but what is thier reasoning behind building a phone with a non-removable battery? Is it less expensive? I like the idea of a removable battery because it offers another option when your phone locks up and you can't shut it down. It also offered me to option to install a larger battery. Not that I would need this option with the Maxx HD, but it others, like my Droid X for instance.

Any thoughts?

Making the battery non-removable allows for them to make the phone thinner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Making the battery non-removable allows for them to make the phone thinner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

This is probably the main reason.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
No need to make you wonder any longer. Release date is officially Oct 18th we have training this week and next for release of DROID Razr HD & DROID Razr HD MAXX. Razr M is very well done phone so expect these to be just as good of quality.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
No need to make you wonder any longer. Release date is officially Oct 18th we have training this week and next for release of DROID Razr HD & DROID Razr HD MAXX. Razr M is very well done phone so expect these to be just as good of quality.

Oh God. I wish you had some sort of proof. I was going to grab a Samsung Galaxy S3 this Wednesday since I am sick of waiting for the Razr Maxx HD. If this is true, I will most likely wait a week.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have proof but I have passed on unannounced information already so I hope you can respect I can't show emails / training information. A date that is the near future and not really that secretive is easily shareable information. I can assure you look at my previous posts I have no reason to mislead you and sure Motorola could change things but we have corporate Verizon training with statement stating this "Launch date 10/18."