The Verizon website says this phone is shipping with ICS but is upgradeable to Jelly Bean. OK we all knew that already - Verizon has said at every turn these new Droid RAZRs will get Jelly Bean before the end of the year, and I believe them. But I'm thinking after Jelly Bean, this phone will never see another update again. Anyone agree? If you disagree then please respond with your reasons.

I'm 99% certain I will buy this phone from Verizon. I am eligible for a device upgrade now, plus I can take $50 off the purchase of a new smartphone with a new 2yr plan. So I'm going to wait until Black Friday and hope Verizon will take additional discounts. Would be nice to get this phone new for only $100! By that date, I'll know more about Google's plan for the next Nexus phone and can decide if I want to go that route. But there is a slim chance I will.
    10-18-2012 10:02 AM
    The Verizon website says this phone is shipping with ICS but is upgradeable to Jelly Bean. OK we all knew that already - Verizon has said at every turn these new Droid RAZRs will get Jelly Bean before the end of the year, and I believe them. But I'm thinking after Jelly Bean, this phone will never see another update again. Anyone agree? If you disagree then please respond with your reasons.

I'm 99% certain I will buy this phone from Verizon. I am eligible for a device upgrade now, plus I can take $50 off the purchase of a new smartphone with a new 2yr plan. So I'm going to wait until Black Friday and hope Verizon will take additional discounts. Would be nice to get this phone new for only $100! By that date, I'll know more about Google's plan for the next Nexus phone and can decide if I want to go that route. But there is a slim chance I will.
    IMO, a factor that would play is how big of a jump the next version of Android is (ex: Gingerbread to ICS vs. ICS to Jelly Bean).

But certainly the chances of these new RAZR phones getting updates beyond Jelly Bean increases because Motorola is owned by Google.
    10-18-2012 10:49 AM

They will get at least one, but maybe two, updates beyond jellybean.
    10-18-2012 10:00 PM
    I think the RAZR HD will definitely get another update beyond Jelly Bean. Like Ry said, it does kinda depend on how big the update is, but I think it's going to get the green light. Jelly Bean will be the last update that the first DROID RAZR will see, though.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    10-21-2012 01:28 PM
    Paul, why do you think Jelly Bean will be the last update for the original RAZR?
    10-24-2012 10:02 PM
    Too lazy to look for it, but somewhere online I saw an upgrade roadmap that showed the RAZR HD/MAXX planned to upgrade to KLP Q3/Q4 2013. (The point of the article, though, was to show a possible Motorola Nexus among other leaked devices.) Not certain, but I'd like to think we'll get another update in a year.
    10-27-2012 12:37 PM
    Both HD and HD Maxx are at least slated for Key Lime Pie Q3 of next year according to leaked list. Can't find source at the moment
    westiewanderer likes this.
    10-28-2012 06:29 AM
    Good to hear! Love my razr HD!

Still waters run deep
    03-03-2013 01:17 PM
    I'd be nice if Motorola would fix their current version. The lag is horrendous.
    03-05-2013 09:42 AM
    I'm running 4.1.1 and its snappy

Still waters run deep
    03-05-2013 11:59 AM
    03-16-2013 08:44 PM
    I think it'll be updated to at least KLP. Hell, the Droid X went from Eclair to Froyo to Gingerbread.
    03-16-2013 11:20 PM
    I got the update pushed today......Anyone else get the update?
    03-18-2013 07:10 PM
    I got the update pushed today......Anyone else get the update?
    Nope. Been manually checking all day today and rebooted a few times. Nothing yet.
    03-19-2013 02:58 PM
    Too lazy to look for it, but somewhere online I saw an upgrade roadmap that showed the RAZR HD/MAXX planned to upgrade to KLP Q3/Q4 2013. (The point of the article, though, was to show a possible Motorola Nexus among other leaked devices.) Not certain, but I'd like to think we'll get another update in a year.
    I'm impressed with gadgetjunkie89 - I've seen a number of rumors the nexus 5 will be manufactured by Motorola; probably something very much like the Moto X. I'm no longer hopeful we'll see KitKat on the Droid RAZR/MAXX HD - it's no longer Verizon's main Motorola phone.
    09-29-2013 09:44 PM
    I'm impressed with gadgetjunkie89 - I've seen a number of rumors the nexus 5 will be manufactured by Motorola; probably something very much like the Moto X. I'm no longer hopeful we'll see KitKat on the Droid RAZR/MAXX HD - it's no longer Verizon's main Motorola phone.
    "It's not a flagship anymore, I want nothing to do with it!"

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    09-30-2013 05:03 AM
    Kitkat 4.4 will be released for the Razr HD.

Sent from my XT926 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-21-2013 07:35 AM