Ordered!

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the HD today via a sales rep while looking at my account online - should arrive on Tuesday. I'm 100 miles from corporate store and the locals never get the new stuff until almost a week later. A little scary reading some of these posts with some issues popping up. Still, most are positive and I look forward to giving up my first gen Incredible and getting a phone with better sound quality, larger clearer screen and speed. Given my usage I think the HD battery will be more than adequate for me. Between reading the user manual online and this forum I think I have a good idea of the setup. Will report when I get the phone. Great website and well informed members!

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon advertises two day shipping. I ordered on Sunday mid day and as of this evening the FedX tracker shows the phone in still in Memphis with "Shipment information sent to FedEx". It was "picked up" in Memphis on Sunday at 3:29 P.M. but still seems to be there. The order has not updated since 5:37 on Sunday. They estimate delivery on Wed. but I would think it should be Tuesday, tomorrow. Really anxious to get rid of my Incredible.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Understand, but Tuesday P.M. would be the second day.

The order officially goes out on Monday. The Sunday update is Verizon requesting a shipping label. Monday and Tuesday are the two travel days and it will arrive on Wednesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so 3 day delivery. I will live with that.

Its not really 3 day delivery. You ordered on a weekend which are non shipping days. FedEX does not offer service on weekends under normal fees and circumstances.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Scoundrel is right. Although I too find it annoying, the day they pick it up (in this case, Monday) doesn't count as a day.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I learn something everyday. Marketing is always in favor of the seller but the frustrating thing is I am 100 miles from the nearest corporate store and the "locals" still don't have the phone. The price of living where I can see 13K ft. peaks I guess. The FedEx website still has the package in Memphis after ordering on Sunday but I have a feeling it hasn't been updated. I'm sure it will arrive Wed. but think I should have driven to Corporate store on Sunday and been done with it. Thanks for the comments.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Very often with small packages they see put together with other small items and shipped in a larger box or bags.....in a case like that you would not get updated shipping info.....just think positive thoughts and you may have a new razr in your hand tonight......

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Wish you were correct Soul. After putting in the order on Sunday (I know FedX doesn't work then) only at 4:30 PM today did the package depart Memphis. I suppose it will arrive Denver with an air cargo load tonight and hopefully get on the delivery vehicle for me, 100 miles west of Denver, tomorrow. Not exactly two day shipping but I understand the marketing glitz. They did promise tomorrow so I'm sure it will be here, probably after dark. I will report when I get it up and running although the phone has pretty well been vetted by now.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Wish you were correct Soul. After putting in the order on Sunday (I know FedX doesn't work then) only at 4:30 PM today did the package depart Memphis. I suppose it will arrive Denver with an air cargo load tonight and hopefully get on the delivery vehicle for me, 100 miles west of Denver, tomorrow. Not exactly two day shipping but I understand the marketing glitz. They did promise tomorrow so I'm sure it will be here, probably after dark. I will report when I get it up and running although the phone has pretty well been vetted by now.

Just have that 6 pack prepared to the side upon delivery of said phone. :beer::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Update: Phone began with a full charge yesterday at 5:30 P.M. Today at 10:00 A.M. I still have 67% of batt remaining. The full charge was after my initial phone set up. Since then the phone has been left turned on allowing only the 2 min. screen time out. 33 min. of calls, several texts, weather radar a number of times, a weather alert and a lot of playing with the phone. I am happy I did not get the MAXX as don't think I will miss it. My use could be called moderate. Today I will go through all the setups and customize. I did use the Verizon help desk to initialize the phone and go through my 2 e-mails setups, etc. So far this looks to be a terrific phone. Screen is excellent, set to 3/4 brightness manually for now, think it will be adequately bright set at high in sunlight, the build quality seems bombproof (NSA scanners can disregard that word), screen size still allows one handed use with button on right. A phone call I had this morning was much clearer than my previous Incredible. The enclosed charging cord could be longer to reach my outlets. Am happy with the black color. I may look for a minimal gel or silicon case when they are available but like my Incredible, I may use and carry this phone without. I still have a lot to learn about the features, and have not really used the camera yet, but am quite happy thus far. I see no reason to hesitate buying this phone.