Morning all. or the appropriate greeting for your time zone,

so ok. i'm new to android, and just picked up the RAZR HD, so im still trying to figure out all the ends and out i'm sure i've got alot of research to do.

so i was trying to set the wallpaper to an image i had cropped up to 1,280x720 on my PC, but when i selected the image from the gallery it wants me to crop it again to an even smaller selection,, so i tried the version of the image from my old iphone which was a smaller resolution to begin with and again it wants me to crop it, do i need use a wallpaper app from the app store to avoid this? any suggestions?

as for lock screen, i'd really would love the ability to load a widget or 2 on the scren (weather comes to mind) but all the lock screen widget enablers i've seen so far seem to alter the complete fuctionality of the lock screen, any of them capable of leaving the base fuctionality in place but allowing me to add widgets or just move things around?

and other tips apperciated!

Thanks.
    Vic Man likes this.
    10-24-2012 08:00 AM
    Morning all. or the appropriate greeting for your time zone,

so ok. i'm new to android, and just picked up the RAZR HD, so im still trying to figure out all the ends and out i'm sure i've got alot of research to do.

so i was trying to set the wallpaper to an image i had cropped up to 1,280x720 on my PC, but when i selected the image from the gallery it wants me to crop it again to an even smaller selection,, so i tried the version of the image from my old iphone which was a smaller resolution to begin with and again it wants me to crop it, do i need use a wallpaper app from the app store to avoid this? any suggestions?

as for lock screen, i'd really would love the ability to load a widget or 2 on the scren (weather comes to mind) but all the lock screen widget enablers i've seen so far seem to alter the complete fuctionality of the lock screen, any of them capable of leaving the base fuctionality in place but allowing me to add widgets or just move things around?

and other tips apperciated!

Thanks.
    For the wallpaper, download PicSpeed. To set an image as a wallpaper, go to Gallery and select the image. Hit the menu button and set as. Than select wallpaper. Choose the PicSpeed option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    10-24-2012 08:43 AM
    excelent! thanks, played around with it a bit looks like it will do nicely.
    10-24-2012 09:05 AM
    excelent! thanks, played around with it a bit looks like it will do nicely.
    No problem, I was so annoyed with the wallpaper setting on my Xoom 2 that I found this solution. The RAZR HD has the same screwed up system. At least the tablet rotated on the home screen unlike the phone though... made a but more sense

10-24-2012 11:27 AM
    No problem, I was so annoyed with the wallpaper setting on my Xoom 2 that I found this solution. The RAZR HD has the same screwed up system. At least the tablet rotated on the home screen unlike the phone though... made a but more sense

question for ya.. you ever notice that it resizes your wall paper after a power cycle?
    10-25-2012 04:12 PM
    question for ya.. you ever notice that it resizes your wall paper after a power cycle?
    No, my wallpaper stays the same. Maybe you don't use the set option that I do? I use the square setting.

10-26-2012 12:10 AM
    No, my wallpaper stays the same. Maybe you don't use the set option that I do? I use the square setting.

ah you would be correct. but its annoying that it did that when i pre cropped the image to the screen resolution.. i also noticed that picspeed sets the image so it doesnt go below the on screen control buttons. causing a black bar at the bottom of the lock screen when using the square option.. this doesnt occure with the built in.. hmmm i'll have to keep poking around with it i guess .
    10-26-2012 06:06 AM
    ah you would be correct. but its annoying that it did that when i pre cropped the image to the screen resolution.. i also noticed that picspeed sets the image so it doesnt go below the on screen control buttons. causing a black bar at the bottom of the lock screen when using the square option.. this doesnt occure with the built in.. hmmm i'll have to keep poking around with it i guess .
    The middle option? Mine doesn't mess up like that.

Attached Thumbnails New Razr HD, Wall paper issue, lock screen question-uploadfromtaptalk1351253828810.jpg  
    10-26-2012 07:17 AM
    yup.. middle option.. meh weird.. maybe i just have some weird hic-up going on and should factory reset. oh well :P
    10-26-2012 08:02 AM
    yup.. middle option.. meh weird.. maybe i just have some weird hic-up going on and should factory reset. oh well :P
    Or maybe its the wallpaper. Try a different one just to see before you go that route and waste time.

10-26-2012 09:32 AM