Thinking of buying the Razr HD, have some questions

unity04

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been debating between this device and the upcoming LG Optimus G, so I'm hoping to get some of my questions answered so I can make a better decision.

#01. Speed and Performance

1. Generally, is the phone fast?
  2. Do you ever notice any lag when scrolling between home screens, or launching applications?
  3. While browsing the internet, do you ever get checker boarding while pages are loading?
  4. How is the browsing experience? Is it fluid or laggy? A web browser's performance is a deal breaker for me.
  5. Do games run smoothly? I know when I tried playing Scramble on some Android devices it was really laggy.

#02. Display Quality

1. Do you notice any pixelation due to the pentile display?
  2. I know that on a lot of AMOLED displays, the phone tends to turn the brightness down on large areas of white. Does the Razr HD do this when there's a lot of white on a page? (makes the white look grey)
  3. Following the previous question, do whites look bright or dull? I know AMOLED makes blacks look deep, but the white brightness is my main concern. When I had the Galaxy Nexus, the phone made whites look really grainny and grey.

#03. Music and Sound Quality

1. Do you notice any static or noise coming from the headphone jack when you have headphones plugged in?
  2. How's the sound quality when using headphones?
  3. How's the sound quality when using the speaker?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, so any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I had an HTC Incredible and there is no comparison is speed and screen. I have noticed no lag whatsoever. The larger size is just right for me - like the controls on the right side. Have not noticed any of the other issues you ask although haven't played any games yet or listened to music. The sound quality on calls is much better. I used to tell people to call me back on my landline if I was home. Now it's not an issue. I seem to have the same signal strength from the same location as before. Battery is amazing on the HD - my up time is 15 hours and total time turned on is now 24 hours and I have 57% of battery. I am a light to moderate user. Hope this helps.