WOW!! So Thoughtful to Include a Shopping App.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't thank Verizon and Google enough for including (at no extra cost) a shopping app from one specific company. Is this a Google or Verizon company? And, it is not uninstallable, but by default 'Alerts' are turned on. Now some would say that the number of wanted apps continues to increase adding to space waste or unwanted 'stuff'. Not at all. I'm hoping for a help-app to guide me through changing the headlight fluid on my Prius in aOS v4.2.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You can't uninstall but you can disable it. I think the only reason Google added this ability was for the carrier and manufacturer added apps. The first thing I did when I got the update was make sure my apps were still disabled and disable any added ones. I know you shouldn't have to, but oh well.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You can't uninstall but you can disable it. I think the only reason Google added this ability was for the carrier and manufacturer added apps. The first thing I did when I got the update was make sure my apps were still disabled and disable any added ones. I know you shouldn't have to, but oh well.

Good suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think about that. The wireless companies are making tons off of us as it is (Verizon reported 50% profit 12H1). Why they have to force commercial apps on us is beyond me. I'm all about the free market, but come-on .......... do right by the customer.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea the extra bloatware really sucks. Why the hell do i need a Zappos app?! Does Verizon really think the majority of people buy shoes so often that they need an app installed on their phone for it? What's next? An Acura app so i can buy a new car every day?

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea the extra bloatware really sucks. Why the hell do i need a Zappos app?! Does Verizon really think the majority of people buy shoes so often that they need an app installed on their phone for it? What's next? An Acura app so i can buy a new car every day?

Like I said ........ can't wait for the headlight fluid changing 'how-to' app that allows you to buy headlight fluid online from the app.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon employs hundreds of thousands of people. If putting a few apps on my 32gb phone with available microsd slot allows them to keep and/or hire new employees, then I'm all for it.

I realize that I'm in a non maxx forum, but since the OP jumped to post the same thing in both forums, I felt I could jump over here too.

Edit: I now see that OP has posted about this in many forums. It's a Zappos app. You must be having a great week if this is your biggest problem.

Also, I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. I've said my piece and you've said yours. I bet you'll want to respond to me. That's fine, but I won't be responding in turn.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just wish I was a Verizon employee so that I could say "your welcome"

They make money where they can, they get away with what they can to do it.

I root an ROM so as to counteract that. Should I have to? No I shouldnt, but I do.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Verizon employs hundreds of thousands of people. If putting a few apps on my 32gb phone with available microsd slot allows them to keep and/or hire new employees, then I'm all for it.

I realize that I'm in a non maxx forum, but since the OP jumped to post the same thing in both forums, I felt I could jump over here too.

Edit: I now see that OP has posted about this in many forums. It's a Zappos app. You must be having a great week if this is your biggest problem.

Also, I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. I've said my piece and you've said yours. I bet you'll want to respond to me. That's fine, but I won't be responding in turn.

No flame war, just hit and run, right. I'm sure you are so interested in those Verizon employees you asked to pay a little more for your phone? How 'bout an extra monthly check to them? No? Instead you have the guts to say "I think its good" so lets have everyone put up with it, not knowing if it will have an impact on a single employee. How moronic. VERIZON posted 50% increase in profits 1H12. So, you a troll for Verizon?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
What's the good of the micro SD slot if you can't move the apps to it?
For me it wasjust was for music and ebooks. For those with a lot of large apps and movies/music ...... unfortunately not being able to move to a card won't help with the apps. Will be time to examine which apps you can live without or get a new phone; which you shouldn't have to just because of the OS won't allow the app move. Reminds me of the 2 gen Palms. There were more useful (albeit large) apps than space to accommodate them and their data. Really had to pick and choose carefully back then.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
"guess speaking with your wallet is too hard for people."

Especially when his speech includes reaching into others wallets. Not cool.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
"guess speaking with your wallet is too hard for people."

Especially when his speech includes reaching into others wallets. Not cool.

Ry was talking about you. Instead of complaining, you should choose a different carrier, or a different phone.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ry was talking about you. Instead of complaining, you should choose a different carrier, or a different phone.

WOW......... I'm hurt. Did you and he support Instagram's new policy as well? The object is to voice concern or disdain to hopefully change policy like Instagram has. No one needs apps not necessary to the OS or basic functions especially those that can't be deleted to free up space for which many have other uses. You like that app? Great. Go DL it. Otherwise, leave the rest of us alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This is seriously insane. The Zappos app is 5MB, or 0.005GB.

I laugh when people say they won't be responding and then they do. Good try at being hard.

I assume your lack of self control and discipline is also a reason why you happily bend over for VZW when they stiff you with useless apps?

EDIT: And for the record, bloatware doesn't really bother me either. But I can TOTALLY understand why it bothers some people. What I can't understand, are people who can't see both sides of such an obvious situation. Of course there will be people out there who do not want even 0.001GB of useless bloat on their device. You and I don't care too much either way, but I can understand the people who do care. It's their phone, Carriers don't have to be putting crap on phones.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
WOW......... I'm hurt. Did you and he support Instagram's new policy as well? The object is to voice concern or disdain to hopefully change policy like Instagram has. No one needs apps not necessary to the OS or basic functions especially those that can't be deleted to free up space for which many have other uses. You like that app? Great. Go DL it. Otherwise, leave the rest of us alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

You don't like it? Stop buying subsidized phones and move to a gsm carrier like tmobile. Because that's pretty much your only option.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
JHB that is great in theory but i still argue that the current state of GSM carriers are too far behind in terms of coverage. Let me say that in my area they are. Tmobile is horrendous and ATT deserves a special place in hell.

Not to mention the lack of unlimited data on any of them.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
JHB that is great in theory but i still argue that the current state of GSM carriers are too far behind in terms of coverage. Let me say that in my area they are. Tmobile is horrendous and ATT deserves a special place in hell.

Not to mention the lack of unlimited data on any of them.

Tmobile has unlimited data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta