Motorola Razr HD, ringtone help needed

et4891

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm totally new to andriod and smartphones, I just got the razr yesterday and played around with it a bit. I want to setup incoming ringtone, text ringtone and alarms but somehow can't. I have my mp3 in the sd card when I go to play music I can hear my mp3 perfectly but somehow when I go to set ringtone options, only those default motorola ringtones are there, I can't see any of the mp3 ringtone files. Anyone able to give me a hand? Thanks in advance.

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Could be the phone is only looking at the internal storage for tones or, the tones are in the incorrect directory. You may try copying them from the external card to the internal in the Ringtones directory. I'm not certain if it will look at the external card for ringtones, alarms, etc. I think it does but all mine are internal. You can also try moving the tones on the SD card to a directory called Ringtones in the top level. The directory /media/Ringtones also used to work for me.

et4891

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
hey ^_^ Thanks...that worked well :p because for the previous phones when I put in external cards, main folders will be created automatically and this phone didn't so didn't think that's the problem.

Thanks for the help ^_^ might be having more questions about the phone soon haha...

I just realized, the if files are under ringtones, it'll only show up in ringtones, so the file won't show up in alarm, notification. Know how I can gather everything together in one folder?

Aiya...just found another thing that I couldn't figure out. For the groups, 1st it's so hard for me to change the name of the existing group is it my prob? But anyways how do I set a ringtone/contact photo for a group

Last edited:

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The contacts and groups come from google contacts. google.com/contacts will let you manage them, including renaming groups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21