Odd Google Now directions

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone experienced issues where Google Now gives you directions and travel time to entirely irrelevant or random locations? This has happened to me at least three times since getting JB. Once was an Apple store over an hour away, once was a three day drive across the country to California, and just now it wants me to change up careers and visit a staffing agency in a town 86 minutes away.

This is getting weird, Google.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Its possible someone has searched for these places while on a computer you were logged into. This is how Now works, it takes info from your search queries to deliver the cards you see in the app. Ex. Search for a sports team that you don't really care about and it will add that team as a favorite in Now.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I forgot my wife has been looking up job sites lately and has expressed interest in an iPhone. I'm signed into Google on Chrome on my laptop. Though it doesn't make sense that Now would try to give me directions.

I'll just take the loose correlation and wait for improvement on the technology.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I forgot my wife has been looking up job sites lately and has expressed interest in an iPhone. I'm signed into Google on Chrome on my laptop. Though it doesn't make sense that Now would try to give me directions.

I'll just take the loose correlation and wait for improvement on the technology.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If your wife was signed into her own Google account then the directions and other information would have shown up in her Now app. Being that she was signed into yours you received the info.

If you prefer not to have cards pertinent to your search history you can disable web history in the Now settings menu. Or you can do it online in your Google account settings. IMO I think it kind of defeats the purpose of Now to do this, though. I suggest, if you haven't already, that you go into the Now settings and tweak them to your taste.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD