Motorola Razr HD and photos...

theWizardAKQ

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi to everyone! I joined the forum today out of a little bit of desperation in hopes to find an answer to a problem I have with my phone and taking photos and videos. The problem I'm having is when ever there are lights, or even brighter reflection of light those areas "flares" up and down the photo and causing the photo or video to be ruined. I have tried all the different scene settings such as auto, portrait, landscape etc. and have even lowered the exposure setting with no luck. The only time my phone takes a photo when a light is in the frame is when I use Multi-Shot mode vs. Single-Shot mode. Can anyone shine of light (no pun intended) on what I can do to get good single shot mode photos with my phone?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the lens is completely clean? An oily film can cause that problem. Try cleaning it with a microfiber cloth, then see if the problem persists.

theWizardAKQ

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure the lens is completely clean?....

I feel like a total moron... that was totally the problem, I cleaned the lens and sure enough the flared light is GONE! I can't believe I never thought of that, as sometimes it was better and some times it was worse. Thanks so much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LOL! Don't feel bad--after all, the iPhone 5 had issues with purple lens flare that I think was a problem with the camera sensor itself or the software, so it's natural to think that this kind of problem is internal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463