The vibrate mode on my phone will not work

kaylamarie91110

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
My phone will not vibrate on vibrate mode. It will not vibrate on the sound mode (which is what I have it set on). When i get a text or notification it has to be on full volume to make a sound or silent. It will not vibrate at all, not for a call or for a text.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it ever vibrate? Like if you power off completely, then power back on, phones that can vibrate will usually vibrate once as you see the bootscreen appear.

Or how about the keyboard? Does the vibration work with each keypress if you have that setting turned on?

If none of these work, then it is likely that the vibration motor is broken. Remember that it's essentially the only moving part inside the phone, so it's not surprising that it is prone to breakdown.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I suggest you call up a cellphone repair shop and ask them for the general price range.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi. "other guy" here. If you actually tap the check mark then it will open to another screen where you can force the vibrator to vibrate. The check marks are just there on the menu screen to tell you which tests are compatible with your particular device.

raghav mamidala

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
In Samsung service centre, the vibrator motor costs 400/- and its warranty is 1month :( and for the service they charge 150/-.
In my case the problem is much severe and the engineer said that they need to retrack the connections, for that they charged 400/-

krd1433

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
My phone vibrates whenever I get a email and when I tap the keys on the keyboard but when I get a text message or a notification it will not vibrate. I reset my phone and it started vibrating again, and then it all of a sudden stopped vibrating whenever I got a notification. How can I fix it?

anukul6119

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi. "other guy" here. If you actually tap the check mark then it will open to another screen where you can force the vibrator to vibrate. The check marks are just there on the menu screen to tell you which tests are compatible with your particular device.

Dude my vibrant didn't work while clicked on the vibration button... Is that mean that my vibration motor is dead

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth636

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
In Samsung service centre, the vibrator motor costs 400/- and its warranty is 1month :( and for the service they charge 150/-.
In my case the problem is much severe and the engineer said that they need to retrack the connections, for that they charged 400/-

Isn't that a bit excessive? I payed around 250 for my phone... I might as well just spend that money on a newer, better device.

Anthopare16

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Dude my vibrant didn't work while clicked on the vibration button... Is that mean that my vibration motor is dead

Go under Settings -> Sounds and Vibrations -> Vibration intensity -> put notification the level you want.

My phone change this setting sometime for no reason... Weird :X

OhtNa

MasterWang

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I checked everything that was suggested and I still can't get the vibrate to work for text messages. When I am adjusting the volume through settings, I select the phone to vibrate via the slider, and the notification slider becomes semi-transparent, meaning it is not available to be adjusted. Am I just brain farting here, or was it able to be adjusted before? I swear I had it to set vibrate when I had my ringer on vibrate as well....I'm using a galaxy s7 edge btw.

Last edited:

Balram1301

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Its actually easy just go to to the settings---ringtones and volumes---just increase all the sound---other sounds---just switch all the buttons on and off---go back. And you're ready to go.(only works if phones vibrator is working)

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its actually easy just go to to the settings---ringtones and volumes---just increase all the sound---other sounds---just switch all the buttons on and off---go back. And you're ready to go.(only works if phones vibrator is working)

I was having this problem and it wasn't that easy to fix. I had to look it up on Youtube to fix it. I can't remember what I did.