Razr HD XT926 boot loop issues

drewp29

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I asked a question on the main forum, but apparently no one wants to answer, or maybe no one knows an answer, but I'll try asking here since I may get more people to help.

My girlfriend's RAZR HD XT926 is stuck on the red eye logo. I know this is a common problem, but it gets worse here. Holding the power button does nothing. Holding the power button and volume up/down/both, does nothing. So there is no way to get into recovery mode and wipe cache or Safe Mode boot. Verizon replaced her phone with a Droid Turbo, but the requirement is to send the HD back as an exchange. We still have a couple days before we have to send it back, and I would like to recover the photos from the HD. I had backed up some of them awhile ago, but she has taken photos since then that I would like to recover. Unfortunately she had not been backing them up to the Verizon cloud, so they are only on the phone.

I am looking at finding a way to flash the firmware with the original stock firmware without losing data, or a way to bypass the power button and hard reset the phone since the battery cannot be pulled. I can take the phone apart, but I have no idea how to bypass the power button or how far I would have to go to get to the battery in order to cut power.

Any help here is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If the device didn't have USB debugging enabled, I don't think you can pull the data off the device or force a way to recovery.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
One way to tell is to set up ADB on your PC, and in the command prompt, type ADB devices.

If it spits back a number, the PC is at least reading the device, and a firmware can be flashed.

drewp29

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
So an update on the phone. I replaced the power/volume button strip and now the power button responds. I can get the phone to boot to the recovery console. I cleared cache, but the phone still hangs on the android red eye when attempting to boot. I have a new question though. In the recovery console there is the option to update from the SD card. If I were to get the Verizon OTA update for 4.4.2 KitKat (was the version the phone was running before the boot loop issue) and update from the SD card, would that delete the user data including photos?

Also, I have been searching for a copy of the Verizon XT926 KitKat OTA update, but have not been able to find a link to download it. I am specifically looking for the 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US update. Does anyone have a link to it they could share?

Even if the update deletes data, I was planning on copying the entire data block, converting it to a mountable image, and using recovery software to search for the deleted photos once I can finally get back into the phone to turn on USB debugging and whatever else is required.

Any help here is greatly appreciated. I have made some progress, but it still is not playing nice for me.

drewp29

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
So I fixed the phone, and am posting the solution here so that it may help others in the same situation.

As stated above, after replacing the power button it allowed me to turn the phone off to fully charge it and then boot to the AP Flashboot screen. I then used RSD Flasher, found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-razr-hd/general/fxz-4-4-2-183-46-15-t2873083 to install a new OS. RSD Flasher allows you to bypass the locked bootloader, as well as keep your data. Once the new KitKat OS was installed I was able to recover all the photos and videos that were not previously backed up. Hopefully this helps others with the same issue.

Last edited:

Spili

Mar 23, 2019
Visit site
So I fixed the phone, and am posting the solution here so that it may help others in the same situation.

As stated above, after replacing the power button it allowed me to turn the phone off to fully charge it and then boot to the AP Flashboot screen. I then used RSD Flasher, found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-razr-hd/general/fxz-4-4-2-183-46-15-t2873083 to install a new OS. RSD Flasher allows you to bypass the locked bootloader, as well as keep your data. Once the new KitKat OS was installed I was able to recover all the photos and videos that were not previously backed up. Hopefully this helps others with the same issue.

Excellent! Thanks so much!!! Only problem I'm having is finding a mirror of the firmware posted on XDA developers; the original file in your link is dead, and the OP didn't save a copy anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can find FXZ KDA20.62-15.1? -- I searched everywhere, and could only find 'XT907' on various file hosting sites.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007