Music as Ringtone

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I've always used and recommended to others to download Ringdroid. It's a pretty nifty and simple app that allows you to crop your song of choice and set it as a ringtone. Look for it in the Play Store.
OR you could long press on a song from your music and it should give you the option to set it as a ringtone. Hope I helped! :)

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I second the RingDroid recommendation. It's easy to use and free. I make 95% of my ringtones and notification tones with it.

Rasgol

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
whenever i long press a song either in google play or file manager i cant find the option to set as ringtone...would rather not download an application unless absolutely necessary

Rasgol

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
figured it out, the music you want to set as a ringtone must be copied into the ringtones folder on the device itself and not the memory card

Dezignated

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
On the Droid Razr, if you open up the My Music app and then long press the mp3 you want to use as a ringtone, it gives you the option of using it as a ringtone.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
yes please tell us. cuz i dont kno how to save to phone/device it always saves to sd card:mad:.
Just use the included Files app. First navigate to the folder on your SD Card where the music file is. Then select the file, choose copy, then navigate to the Ringtones folder on the phone and then Paste.

Panther6834

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem is, you DON'T NEED Ringdroid, or any other app. The ability to use music (mp3, AAC, etc) is BUILT-IN. If you're running ICS, just open MyGallery, go to the song you want to use, press the "Menu" button, and select "Use as ringtone'. If you're running JB, copy the song(s) from whatever folder they're in, and paste them into the "Ringtones" folder on the phone (make sure it's the "Ringtones" folder on the phone, NOT the folder on your SD card). Anyone who thinks/believes they need to install an additional app in order to do this might want to have their head examined.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The problem is, you DON'T NEED Ringdroid, or any other app. The ability to use music (mp3, AAC, etc) is BUILT-IN. If you're running ICS, just open MyGallery, go to the song you want to use, press the "Menu" button, and select "Use as ringtone'. If you're running JB, copy the song(s) from whatever folder they're in, and paste them into the "Ringtones" folder on the phone (make sure it's the "Ringtones" folder on the phone, NOT the folder on your SD card). Anyone who thinks/believes they need to install an additional app in order to do this might want to have their head examined.

The third party apps are for cropping the parts of the song you want to use, genius.

Danny Cheathem

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same question about ringtones. I definitely wanted my favorite song. I simply copied it as you noted. Thanks for doing the research and sharing it.

taz24053

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
When I first got the phone I had the same question. But i also remember using third party apps to make ringtones. I hate that you can't do that with this phone unless you download an app. None the less i still love this phone