Can't access SD card to get apps

joyride777

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving from the HTC Incredible to the Razr M and I have all my old stuff (contacts, apps) on my SD card. The new phone recognized that there was an SD card, tried to import pictures/movies of which there were none. I did manage to get my imported contacts off the SD card through the People section. But now I can't see to figure out how to get the apps - can't access them at all, don't know where they are or how to get to them. When I look under Settings > Storage it sees that there is a mounted SD card but doesn't seem like there's anything on it. But I know the apps are on there, as I can't access them in my old phone either.

So, how do I get to my apps? I don't want to have to install them all again from the Play store when I have them all on the SD card.

CrocadileUT

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The phone default SD Card location is actually on internal storage. Apparently they partitioned the internal storage, so it uses the imaginary 4GB SD Card as default. You can still get to files on your SD card though if you use the default file manager. If you use something like ES File Manager, browse to SDCard\External or something like that.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No. ICS does not permit installed apps on the external SDcard.

That is just silly.

So, How can I get my browser favorites into the new browser?
What about individual app settings?
Will App/Backup and Restore restore setting from previous use to the new phone?
OH THE HUMANITY!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463