[Guide] RAZR M Root Method

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
motorola-yeni-urun-tanitimini-gerceklestirdi.jpg

Yes, the Holy Grail has been discovered by djrbliss.

He has taken the time (once again) to come up with a working root method for the newest Motorola smartphones: DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and the Atrix HD. We've heard that not only does this root method work with the shipping Ice Cream Sandwich that is on the phones, but also the Jelly Bean leak for the DROID RAZR M, which means it should work on the final Jelly Bean over-the-air update for these phones.

The method of rooting is pretty simple:

• First make sure you have the current Motorola USB drivers installed from here.

• Connect your phone to the PC and click on the "run.bat" file that you extracted.

• It is important to follow the instructions in the PC program, as it will ask you to press a button combination of the Volume UP and Power at the same time.

• If the program gives an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions on the phone and try again (factory reset the phone).

source: XDA Forums credit: djrbliss

*Note: If for some reason that method fails to give you root once you boot back up and open a root-friendly app, try swapping out the su and Superuser.apk files with these two and then running it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Johnson2

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
okay so i've tried this method too many times to count but yet my phone just wont root. i have tried to wipe my phone use a different computer to run the "Run.bat" file. i have checked for new drives for it everything that i have seen on the forums i've tried or so i think. if anyone could give so something else im all for it. also i have a driod razr m on the newest android version.

nevermind i was using the ics when i had jb i got it thanks

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Alright I give up. How in the world do you do this step?

*Note: If for some reason that method fails to give you root once you boot back up and open a root-friendly app, try swapping out the su and Superuser.apk files with these two and then running it again.

•Download: su
•Download: Superuser.apk

tevans90

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Go into your terminal emulator and if you are super user then you should have a # instead of a $. Also try one of these commands;
Su -i
Sudo -i

If they work then you have superuser

Last edited:

ckn71

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'm somewhat confused. Well, not really but here it is:

I am LOCKED and NOT rooted. Android 4.1.2 / System 98.18.94.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Recently I tried to root the phone with the intention of flashing CM on it, but I got nowhere using motofail, motochopper and RazrM utility and everything I could get my hands on. After some research on the web I found out that my system version can't be rooted, BL unlocked or downgraded. And then I found another post that stated that I can downgrade using RSDLite. My Questions are:

1) Can 98.18.94 get rooted? (I guess the answer to that will be no)
2) Can 98.18.94 get downgraded? (I guess the answer is no as well)

I'm just trying to find a final answer so I can focus on other stuff again.

On a side note. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what is the legal justification for Motorola/Verizon to prevent users from puting any damn android version on the phone they want? After all it is my phone right?