how's the M battery?

blondifer

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i skipped through the thread so my post might not be relevant anymore, but: I've had the phone for a few days now and the battery life is phenomenal (coming from a tbolt). I have location services turned on, google now at full powah, etc.. I pretty much whip this thing out whenever I feel like without worrying that i'll run out of power later. I usually end up with about 12 hours on battery and about 50-60% batt left. good enough for me!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
When I have solid service, my battery lasts fenominally.
When my phone is constantly switching 4G/3g/1X/none, battery is drained quickly.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone and I use it as my work phone. My galaxy nexus doesn't even last no where near this long with the extended battery on.

tazu6ygu.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

TW1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Four days with this and coming from the DX this is awesome. When I got the update Saturday to 4.1.1 it seemed to drain a bit more but I think it was just because I had only one cycle on this battery. So far it has had two cycles through it and I think that it's finally hit puberty. I'm at 1d2h39m and at 55%...obviously haven't been on it like a teenager but it's had some solid use over the past 2 days.
Screenshot_2012-12-17-11-11-13_zps90900732.png

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get more then a day or two on one charge and I'm not using my phone that much I think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DeputyBob

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks johnriii, for starting this thread. I've been researching for a little over a month now, jumping back and forth between the M or Maxx HD. Originally, it was the iPhone 4s and 5, as well. Sounds like the M would satisfy my needs and wants. The Maxx HD would be more of a ooh ahh for me (mostly for the battery). Based on professional and user reviews, and threads like these, most users are getting 12 to 24 hours plus usage. And for the most part, getting a full-day usage (from wake up to sack time). Reading this post and threads have sealed the deal with me getting the M. Thanks.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I was able to disable a lot of bloatware to help the battery life but what real helped was disabling Verizon's backup. When I took out that back up I saw my phone's battery start to last longer then it did before, now I might be getting something more like 3 days or even into the 4th day. I also sat up the smart actions app that Motorola put in so that when a registered WiFi is in range the data service is turned off and my phone puts WiFi into what I guess to be a low power type thing.

I have been surfing Google and found that rumor is that Verizon might be putting out JB 4.2 which at least for the nexus, helps lower the power usage of the device. It would be great if Verizon just went straight to the newest which by then will be 4.3 or so, of course Verizon can't seem to get off their butts to put us the paying costumers first, ever.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks johnriii, for starting this thread. I've been researching for a little over a month now, jumping back and forth between the M or Maxx HD. Originally, it was the iPhone 4s and 5, as well. Sounds like the M would satisfy my needs and wants. The Maxx HD would be more of a ooh ahh for me (mostly for the battery). Based on professional and user reviews, and threads like these, most users are getting 12 to 24 hours plus usage. And for the most part, getting a full-day usage (from wake up to sack time). Reading this post and threads have sealed the deal with me getting the M. Thanks.

since I started this thread, I got "upgraded" from the Tbolt to the Rezound. i must say that the rezound is much better on battery life than the tbolt, but from what I'm reading the Rezound is still a battery guzzler. I'm still targeting this line of devices....

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Mind explaining in more detail how and what bloatware you eliminated? Thanks.

Verizon's stuff like it's back up and the log in, sync service, my Verizon mobile. I also disabled the amazon and kindle stuff that was loaded on and some other stuff I wouldn't use like the NFL app. These things that Verizon put on the phone can't deleted only disabled so they are.

Instead of listing here are screen shots.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356414292465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356414292465.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356414302741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356414302741.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 95
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356414310322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356414310322.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 95

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
First full work day with this phone. I've had it since monday but hadn't done a full charge/use cycle.

Charged it up last night: 100% battery when I unplugged it at 830am. From 900am to 4:30pm saw almost constant 4G usage with 2-4 bars of signal strength, mostly web browsing, a few HD youtube videos, 10 emails or so, probably 25 text messages. Screen brightness was close to minimum (inside, in a dark room). Battery went from 100% at 900am to 26% at 430pm. I plugged it in at 430pm to get a little charge back because I didn't know how much more I'd be using it after I got on the road.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the apps menu-> all apps -> amazon app-> disable. If you don't have the disable option then try uninstalling the updates then disable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol