Home page-Chrome

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
How do you set a homepage in Chrome jelly bean RAZZR M ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this same question. I poked around, for a while, with no luck.
This, plus a couple other dislikes and I went back to my old fav browser, OPERA.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am ready to go with my favorite Dolphin.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Right now, you can't. The best work-around is to save your homepage as a "bookmark" and then add that bookmark as a widget (ie, an App icon), which will launch both Chrome and that homepage at the same time.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems odd that you can't set up a homepage. Well I will stick with Dolphin. Thanks!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be a jelly bean thing.
I haves switched too using Opera, but there's is no longer an option to start the browser on a chosen page. It starts on the "start page", the one with tiled choices.
This was not the case on ginger bread.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be a jelly bean thing.
I haves switched too using Opera, but there's is no longer an option to start the browser on a chosen page. It starts on the "start page", the one with tiled choices.
This was not the case on ginger bread.

Actually, it's a Chrome thing. That's been it's design since coming out of beta and is the same on ICS. It's just nuts to me not to at least have the option & sorta reminiscent of Apple's "my way or the highway" mentality. I just dumped it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it's a Chrome thing. That's been it's design since coming out of beta and is the same on ICS. It's just nuts to me not to at least have the option & sorta reminiscent of Apple's "my way or the highway" mentality. I just dumped it.

Actually, you should have read more than my first sentence ;)

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Actually, still referring to Opera differences....

No problem, I did read it all. You seemed to suggest that the lack of a home page option behavior is due to the upgrades since GB & was just nit-picking to point out it's Chrome itself, not the OS.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No problem, I did read it all. You seemed to suggest that the lack of a home page option behavior is due to the upgrades since GB & was just nit-picking to point out it's Chrome itself, not the OS.

Yeah, I reckon I could have worded that better, but I was trying to say that on GB, I could select a home page on Opera. I was unaware if that was available in ICS, since I updated to JB even before I activated my Mini. ;)