SmartActions Questions

EricB56

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I love the idea of the SmartActions. However, they are not behaving quite like I expect them to. In particular, I have a SmartAction that switches the phone to Vehicle Mode as well as a couple of other actions when the phone connects to the car's bluetooth. It works great. However, when I turn the car off and kill the bluetooth connection, the phone does not revert back to its previous state. It will stay in the Vehicle Mode all day long if I do not turn it off. Am I missing something?

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I corrected this by having a smart action for damn near everything. Every time I arrive at a new location smart action triggers and something happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxxx using Tapatalk 2

EricB56

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I thought about that but cannot find an action that says "If you are NOT connected to the car Bluetooth. . . ."

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok I understand. i use a car dock have you purchased one? When I place the phone in the dock and it goes into car mode that is what trips my Bluetooth and gps smart action to kick on. When I undock car mode goes away with Bluetooth but leaves on gps. As this is forgivable while out and about I leave it active until I get home which has a location trigger to change settings then to charging dock which triggers something new to work ect. Smart actions are cool but the do need work. I would look into using dock triggers for car as I have had the most success while using this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bigbadwulff

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I disabled that and Google Cards too. After 15 years working in the same location I pretty much know I'm 15-18 minutes from home....lol.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The dock mode for the car allows for much more then location. It triggers my Bluetooth and motospeak so I can send text and emails with voice. Reads incoming texts asks if I want to reply and types what I say. Easy voice access to music and apps like Pandora spotify ect. If need be voice activation of turn by turn navigation. Easy Google search with voice and naturally phone calls. All these things are triggered through my dock and can be physically accessed on one screen if I an not using voice. The dock makes my traveling life million times easier and smart action's linked to the dock makes for a powerful team. I use the desktop docks at home and at work as well. They are great too!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx!!