Discharging Battery

Jacque Hale

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my RAZR M and I charged it last night, it charged ok but really slow to about 98%, then I unplugged it and was using it, just trying to figure a lot of the stuff out, and my battery says the screen uses the most battery. So I fiddled around with it for about an hour and it was around 80%. When I went to sleep, I plugged it back in and when I woke up, I saw that it was at 57% and "discharging." I've been trying to figure this whole thing out and from what I understand it is a mechanism to avoid over-charging, so it uses it's maximum power until it dies. What my question is will the phone (for lack of a better term) re-orient itself when it dies? Should I wait until it dies and then charge it while it's off, or is it ok to charge it now when it's at 8% and the "discharging" will go away?
What's the best way to go about this problem?

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I may not be understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that your phone is plugged in and it says "discharging"? That should not be happening at all. I hope I am reading it wrong. Its alright to plug your phone in whenever you need to, just recalibrate your battery every few months to keep the high and low points good.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Jacque Hale

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I may not be understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that your phone is plugged in and it says "discharging"? That should not be happening at all. I hope I am reading it wrong. Its alright to plug your phone in whenever you need to, just recalibrate your battery every few months to keep the high and low points good.

It did say"discharging" while it was plugged in. I let the battery run spool the way down and charged it fine this morning, but about an hour later it was already at 80% and after 12 hours, it was all the way down to 30 and the battery still said discharging. It's not saying it now that I have it plugged in, but if I unplug it, it says discharging. How do I recalibrate the battery? I just got the phone this week

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Let the phone run down to about 5 - 10%. Let the phone fully charge while it's off. Turn it back on and use it to about 5-10% again and repeat charging while it's off. I've read that you should repeat this 1 more time, but I'm not sure about that. The important part is to let it charge with the phone off. Then you can charge whenever you like with your phone on. You should do this about once every 3 months or so. This should reset your battery meters to recognize full charge and full discharge. Good luck! I hope this works for you!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Let the phone run down to about 5 - 10%. Let the phone fully charge while it's off. Turn it back on and use it to about 5-10% again and repeat charging while it's off. I've read that you should repeat this 1 more time, but I'm not sure about that. The important part is to let it charge with the phone off. Then you can charge whenever you like with your phone on. You should do this about once every 3 months or so. This should reset your battery meters to recognize full charge and full discharge. Good luck! I hope this works for you!

Lithium Ion batteries do not have a memory so there is no reason that the battery would recognize a higher capacity due to this. All that's needed is to use the phone under normal usage and avoid discharging it as much as possible. This doesn't mean you can't use it but it also means if you want to charge the phone at 75% you're able to do so. I have heard, however that charging with the phone off may be a positive step but I didn't notice a difference personally.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey