Issues since latest update

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
My sister in law has had the razr m since the day it came out and is now having issues with it. Since the latest system update apps are force closing and google maps keep popping up with a message that says it stopped working even when its not being used. Has one else had these issues and anyway to resolve them? I didn't see anything on here about bugs in the latest system update.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

mrip

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
No..... it just gets rid of unwanted files stored in the cache that are left behind. Verizon removed some apps with this update. Its scary to do the first time but after you're going to say ...that was it. Do not choose factory reset!

treytmd

May 17, 2013
Visit site
For me this recent update has greatly slowed down my phone. Also sometimes the screen glitches from left to right in a weird color then goes back to normal. These are all minor problems I had. The worst one is that after the update, during a call I can talk to people but I can't hear them through the ear piece. I can only hear them if I put the phone on speaker. After awhile this can get verrrrru annoying. And iv heard from others about the screen glitch problem but since looking on other online forums I have not seen anybody else having a problem during calls like I am having.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
No..... it just gets rid of unwanted files stored in the cache that are left behind. Verizon removed some apps with this update. Its scary to do the first time but after you're going to say ...that was it. Do not choose factory reset!

Which apps did they remove? Does this mean that I can uninstall some bloatwaare?

Sent from my phone with the app.

mrip

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Some Verizon apps were removed because they closed down their app store. Unfortunately bloatware is here to stay unless you root the phone. Expect another bookmark added as Verizon signed a deal with aol.