Hi all,

Following some recommendations for a decent phone with a small screen, I am looking at upgrading to this. Would you guys recommend it? Does it lag much? My main reason for wanting to upgrade from my current phone is severe lag on trying to open text messages as well as in some apps

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 10:54 AM
    This phone is pretty good but it does lag sometimes. Usually to fix it, you just have to clear the cache partition. But other than that, it Is a great phone.

Sent from my XT907
    05-25-2013 10:58 AM
    I'm guessing the lag isn't as bad as my current phone - it can take over a minute just to open a text message!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 01:32 PM
    I'm guessing the lag isn't as bad as my current phone - it can take over a minute just to open a text message!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Wow, that is some bad lag. Yeah, it definitely does not lag as much as that.

Sent from my XT907
    05-25-2013 01:44 PM
    If you're looking for a decent mid-range device, the M is a solid pick. I haven't noticed much lag on mine. Just know that this NOT in the same league as the top tier devices like the S4, the HTC One, or the iPhone 5. Camera, display quality, and processor power are all average at best.
    05-27-2013 02:22 PM
    The RAZR M is a great phone. I love mine. I'v had no problems at all. It is not a high end phone but it does beat the iPhone 5 in specs except the front camera. The RAZR M doesn't come with much of onboard storage but just pop in an SD card. The phone will support up to 32GB SD

Sent from my DROID RAZR M
    05-27-2013 08:29 PM
    Work just supplied me with an M recently when we switched from US Cellular to Verizon since US Cell's spectrum was bought out by Sprint. Still getting used to Android OS over my recent long-run with BlackBerry, but have to say this is a solid little device in comparison to the early Android HTC's I tried and some Samsung's I've fiddled with from friends. Definitely like the solid build quality of this phone, front and backing, and the specs are good for what I need them for. Still yearning for a BB Z10 as my device of choice personally but can't knock the M as a mid-range device.

On a side note, really hate the update that Google Music did to the player after I/O... this funky psychedelic transition that the album art is doing is really annoying. Wish they enabled an option for this trippy transitional or just static full-screen album art.
    05-28-2013 09:32 AM
    I love my RAZR Mini! Granted, my only other smartphone was a Droid X.
    There is nothing I don't like! I'm not that into photog, so the camera's quality does not concern me.
    I notice no lags and the size is great. A large enough screen to use and its small and slim enough to fit in my front pocket easily and it has its own car docking station, which also rocks.
    05-28-2013 02:29 PM
    Work just supplied me with an M recently when we switched from US Cellular to Verizon since US Cell's spectrum was bought out by Sprint. Still getting used to Android OS over my recent long-run with BlackBerry, but have to say this is a solid little device in comparison to the early Android HTC's I tried and some Samsung's I've fiddled with from friends. Definitely like the solid build quality of this phone, front and backing, and the specs are good for what I need them for. Still yearning for a BB Z10 as my device of choice personally but can't knock the M as a mid-range device.

On a side note, really hate the update that Google Music did to the player after I/O... this funky psychedelic transition that the album art is doing is really annoying. Wish they enabled an option for this trippy transitional or just static full-screen album art.
    Ok, so I found out that I can revert updates now instead of straight Uninstalling, which is useful as it brought me back to the Google Music I liked before the newest update introduced at I/O.
    05-29-2013 01:42 PM
    Thanks for everyone's replies. My current phone has temporarily magically stopped causing problems, so I've put on hold getting a new phone, but my contract expires in a couple of months anyway, and this is currently still top of the list!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2013 04:04 AM
    I love my RAZR Mini! Granted, my only other smartphone was a Droid X.
    There is nothing I don't like! I'm not that into photog, so the camera's quality does not concern me.
    I notice no lags and the size is great. A large enough screen to use and its small and slim enough to fit in my front pocket easily and it has its own car docking station, which also rocks.
    Is that what the m stands for?

Sent from my XT907
    06-02-2013 11:15 PM