internal storage.

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay. So it says I have 8gb internal storage. Yet I'm almost full and on my storage screen after I add all of it up I should not be anywhere near full. Any body have any advice as to why it's like this

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to make sure, tell us exactly which storage screen says you're almost full (or post a screenshot if you can)--is it Internal Storage or RAM? System RAM (of which you have 1 GB on the Razr M) will always look close to full, due to how the OS works (it has nothing to do with storage).

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You don't really have 8GB that is usable because of the pre installed crap. So really we all have I believe it is around 5GB or something that is usable.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You don't really have 8GB that is usable because of the pre installed crap. So really we all have I believe it is around 5GB or something that is usable.

I think it is around 4. I wish they would have added more internal storage.

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it is around 4. I wish they would have added more internal storage.

It would've been way better if they added more. I have a 16GB SD card in my RAZR M. Is there a way to put apps on the SD card?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It would've been way better if they added more. I have a 16GB SD card in my RAZR M. Is there a way to put apps on the SD card?

No there isn't. I can see why because you could transfer paid apps from multiple phones so that would be illegal. Then they could get paid apps for free.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Disabling them helps some. Also deleting apps you don't use.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine is rooted and I deleted all the bloatware and stuff I never use. But yet I feel like it still should not be that full.

petrichory

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with my phone. I've downloaded very few things onto my phone, yet it still says the storage space is running out and none of my apps will update because of that, even the apps that have enough room for the update. This is the breakdown it gives me for internal storage:
Apps: 1.35 GB
Pictures, Video: 120 MB
Audio: 292 KB
Available: 463 MB

Even if all the bloatware only actually gives me 4GB of free space, what I have on there still doesn't come anywhere near that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-18-12-33-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-18-12-33-46.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 26

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some phones have a more limited Application Storage partition, which ranges from around 1 to 3 GB depending on the phone. This is the only place apps can be installed, which obviously limits how many can be on the phone at once. This is how my Razr Maxx works, but I'm not sure if it's how the Razr M works. Some of the specs I've read say that the Internal Storage is "unified," so I assume it acts more like a tablet (which doesn't have a separate Application Storage partition).

Go to Settings/Apps/Downloaded, and look at the bottom--is there a storage meter that says "Application Storage," or does it just say "Internal Storage"?

petrichory

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Some phones have a more limited Application Storage partition, which ranges from around 1 to 3 GB depending on the phone. This is the only place apps can be installed, which obviously limits how many can be on the phone at once. This is how my Razr Maxx works, but I'm not sure if it's how the Razr M works. Some of the specs I've read say that the Internal Storage is "unified," so I assume it acts more like a tablet (which doesn't have a separate Application Storage partition).

Go to Settings/Apps/Downloaded, and look at the bottom--is there a storage meter that says "Application Storage," or does it just say "Internal Storage"?

It says "Internal Storage", so I assume that means it doesn't have a separate app section. That screen also seems to show that there really is only about 4 GB of internal memory for us to use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's correct--multiple online reviews or descriptions of the 8 GB Razr M noted that only about 4.5 GB are available for the user. The rest is taken up by the OS and bloatware.

Dan Jerger

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
This is a common problem with a very very easy fix, It is a simple matter of telling the phone drivers to use your external card.
you can call 1 800 734 5870 (then dial zeros until you get a human) and they will walk you through it or you can use these 2 links.

<https://pixel.mathtag.com/event/img?mt_id=109505&mt_adid=101060&v1=&v2=&v3=&s1=&s2=&s3=&redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fad.yieldmanager.com%2Fpixel%3Fid%3D1469738%26id%3D1354064%26id%3D205720%26t%3D2>

<https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/mothred.jpg>