alarm clock cannot be turned off

olihmajor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I set an alarm, but whenever it goes off, the box that gives you the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm does not show up. this has happened for the past few mornings, and I have had to wait for the alarm to turn itself off, after ten minutes. I tried setting the volume buttons to dismiss the alarm when pressed, but this does not work also. does anyone have a solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Or going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting Clock, Force Stopping it, then restarting it?

When the alarm is going off, you should still be able to open the Clock app and turn off the alarm that way--or does it show no alarm set at all, even while it's going off?

lowvolt1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
On my M when the alarm goes off I have to slide the lock icon left or right depending on if I want to snooze or dismiss.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Tammy Tindall

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my moto g and none of that is working for me. There is no notification nor do the volume keys do anything even when set to dismiss.

babygirlgeorgia

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Go to your applications using the Applications widget on your screen (mine is at the bottom of my Note 3's Home Screen).
Select the Clock application.
You should see 4 options at the top of the screen (Alarm, World Clock, Stopwatch, and Timer).
Select Alarm.
You will now see a list of alarms that are active on your device.
Long-press on an alarm and a window will pop up asking if you want to Edit or Delete the alarm.
Delete whichever alarms you do not want.
Voila!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool:

Hurricaneedge

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I just fixed mine from doing this. I went to manage apps and the "receive notifications" was checked, so I unchecked it and then rechecked it and that worked!

I'm having the same problem on my moto g and none of that is working for me. There is no notification nor do the volume keys do anything even when set to dismiss.

JonathanArmstrong

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Go to your applications using the Applications widget on your screen (mine is at the bottom of my Note 3's Home Screen).
Select the Clock application.
You should see 4 options at the top of the screen (Alarm, World Clock, Stopwatch, and Timer).
Select Alarm.
You will now see a list of alarms that are active on your device.
Long-press on an alarm and a window will pop up asking if you want to Edit or Delete the alarm.
Delete whichever alarms you do not want.
Voila!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool:

I read this question as concerning turning off or dismissing an alarm that's ringing, not removing an alarm from the list of alarms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki