Pesky new adware......

RedstarOmega

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time posting and I apologize if someone else has posted about this but..... It seems within the last week or so I have acquired a terrible little piece of adware. It seems to have happened when I updated a bunch of apps. What is happening is, when I am doing anything on my phone, i.e. Facebook, text messaging, or.....well anything, a stupid little ad bar will pop up. I can't seem to isolate the problem and wanted to see if any of you folks have ran into this problem and found a solution. Attached is a screenshot. Thank you.Screenshot_2013-09-04-17-53-13[1].png

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is my first time posting and I apologize if someone else has posted about this but..... It seems within the last week or so I have acquired a terrible little piece of adware. It seems to have happened when I updated a bunch of apps. What is happening is, when I am doing anything on my phone, i.e. Facebook, text messaging, or.....well anything, a stupid little ad bar will pop up. I can't seem to isolate the problem and wanted to see if any of you folks have ran into this problem and found a solution. Attached is a screenshot. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!!!
Probably the best thing to do is to uninstall the apps you loaded. Then, in groups of two or three apps per day or two, slowly reinstall them. When you start getting bombarded by ads, you have found at least the group it belongs to.

Some apps have this built in, so there isn't much to avoid this. You can try installing Airpush permanent optout.