A key thing to remember here is that my iPhone 4s had a fight with the concrete, and the concrete won. The LCD went out so I can't simply go on my phone and shut off iMessage. In other similar threads, that seems to be the answer. It won't work, as I can't do anything but turn my phone on and see a dark grey pathetic effort at displaying... I have a Droid Razr M as a spare, and I turned it back on. I like the phone, but I'm a slave to my iTunes and don't want to have to carry two devices, so I prefer the iPhone. Too many issues with playing iTunes via the Droid phones, so I gave up.
    It will be awhile before I can afford to save the $175 it takes to replace the screen and LCD.... So I need help. I'm not getting my girlfriends messages, as they are still coming over as iMessages. She has deleted contacts, tried things on iCloud, I registered here, but with the iOS7 you can't just switch the type of phone a contact has manually (ridiculously stupid change for this reason).
    Help?
    09-24-2013 02:15 PM
    A key thing to remember here is that my iPhone 4s had a fight with the concrete, and the concrete won. The LCD went out so I can't simply go on my phone and shut off iMessage. In other similar threads, that seems to be the answer. It won't work, as I can't do anything but turn my phone on and see a dark grey pathetic effort at displaying... I have a Droid Razr M as a spare, and I turned it back on. I like the phone, but I'm a slave to my iTunes and don't want to have to carry two devices, so I prefer the iPhone. Too many issues with playing iTunes via the Droid phones, so I gave up.
    It will be awhile before I can afford to save the $175 it takes to replace the screen and LCD.... So I need help. I'm not getting my girlfriends messages, as they are still coming over as iMessages. She has deleted contacts, tried things on iCloud, I registered here, but with the iOS7 you can't just switch the type of phone a contact has manually (ridiculously stupid change for this reason).
    Help?
    The key is on YOUR end. U have to turn off imessage on your account in order to fix the sms/mms issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-2013 02:41 PM