Dialer Issue

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Droid Razr M for about 8 months and I am currently running Jelly Bean Version 4.1.2. As I have added more contacts from the same company (or same family) a potential shortcoming with the dialer has become more prevlaent. The best way to explain it is with an example.

I have three contacts from the same company: Alan Anders, Frank Feder and Tom Tibit. Each contact has the same business phone number, but a different extension. Alan is (213) 555-1212 ;41. Frank is (213) 555-1212 ;58. Tom is (213) 555-1212 ;75. Each contact also has their own unique cell phone number. I entered Alan?s contact first, Frank?s second and Tom?s third. I use Outlook 2010 Professional Plus for the storage of my contacts.

If I use the phone dialer and enter the numbers corresponding to the letters so that Frank?s name comes up, if I then tap on Frank?s office number to dial it, the contact changes to Alan?s and the phone number that is dialed is Alan?s, including Alan?s extension. The same thing happens if I try to dial Tom. It always goes to Alan?s phone number and extension. The same thing happens if I access the contact directly from the contacts program. This is particularly frustrating if I then want to call Frank?s cell phone because I have to re-locate his name as it is Alan?s name that appears in the recent calls list.

The same issue arises with my wife and son, who have the same home phone number but different cell phone numbers. I dial them through direct dial widgets. I have one for my wife at home, one for my wife?s cell phone, and one for my son?s cell phone. If I tap the widget for my wife at home, when the phone dials it changes to my son?s contact. So, if I then want to call my wife?s cell phone, I can?t use the recent calls list as it is my son?s contact that shows up.

I have had this issue with the phone since I first got it, and it has persisted through all software updates. I have tried to find a setting on the phone and in Outlook thinking that perhaps the contacts are linked, but I haven?t been able to find anything. If you have any ideas I would be grateful.

BuzzEdith

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
We have opened a trouble ticket with ATT to try and resolve this. Did not find any solutions on this or the many other forums I have searched.

The issue is making outgoing phone calls to people in the same company with different extensions. You select the person at extension 5 and it pulls up the person in your contact list that has a "smaller number" extension like extension 3.

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon so it is not a carrier issue. Nonetheless, please let me know if anything comes of it as this continues to be a major frustration on an otherwise terrific phone. One thing to note is that our phones will be getting Kit Kat and hopefully that will resolve the issue if no immediate solution is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress