Camera Not Initializing

Angela Wiegmann

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with ur camera? Mine comes up saying "camera is not initializing" but it only says that sometimes. I have rebooted my phone turned my phone off then back on then and also have factory reset and cleared cache.. still get the message. Can anyone else help me?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you installed any other apps that might access the camera or flash, like a flashlight app, or perhaps a banking app that allows you to take a picture of a check to deposit it? If so, maybe it's interfering. Try uninstalling those apps and see if the problem persists.

Angela Wiegmann

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ya I have both of those but its not every time that it does that it may take a week or a couple of days that it will pop up

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been messing up. It will not save all pictures to the card. If I keep taking pictures it will get one of many to save. It will be all black or have lines through it. Could it be the card?

Posted via Android Central App

crachor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem for awhile. Got mine back in February, the camera issues probably started after mid-summer. When I was ready to take a picture with the front camera, it would bring up the error message (couldn't capture the moment, too long of a reboot time). Then a few weeks after that, the rear-facing camera started giving me the error message when starting up the camera app. This is the only thing I really hate about the phone. I even factory reset it a few times, and without installing any new apps, the phone still gives me the error message. My phone's gotten both updates so far, and I think the first update (done between February and mid-summer) started the issues. The second update seemed to increase the number of times the error message comes up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie