Sudden charger problems?

Olivia Canning

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I always used a older Motorola charger because of the longer cord but this was giving me charging problems so I assumed it was too old and chucked it. I started using an old charger (either lg or Motorola) and everything was fine for a few days and I started having charging issues so I assumed it was old as well and chucked it. I began using yet another charger (i have A LOT of these chargers laying around.) It is an LG it worked fine for a day and then tonight just stopped charging halfway though. This is when I broke out a 4th charger, Motorola, never used, still in the plastic wrapping. I switched cords and wall ports all around and still nothing. Finally I decided to turn my phone off for the night to conserve the battery, while it was still plugged in with the new Motorola charger and it starts charging!! UHM hello?? The phone is only 2 months old, it's my second M and I'm getting really annoyed and regretting the choice. Any ideas as to why the past 2 weeks have been relentless issues? :(:(

MotoGuy

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
On the M, the charge rate has to reach a certain level -- can't remember if it's 10 or 15%? -- before it shows any sign of life. I think that's what you saw here. Nothing wrong with your M in this regard.

While you can generally get a charge from any charger with the right micro USB connection, they're not all equal. You're going to get the best results from the charger that came with the phone, plugged into the wall.