After the recent update I want to wipe the cache, to keep an eye on battery, etc. Selected recovery- the recovery screen opens but underneath the android guy it says "No Command". I remember reading someone also had this issue but can't find the thread. Any help figuring this out is much appreciated. Thanks
    11-08-2013 11:51 PM
    When you see the Android with the No Command message, is this after you pressed and held Vol Up, then tapped the Power button? Here are the complete instructions:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8697
    CattieBrie likes this.
    11-09-2013 12:28 AM
    When you see the Android with the No Command message, is this after you pressed and held Vol Up, then tapped the Power button? Here are the complete instructions:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8697
    Yes. I get to the first screen after pressing vol down & power; then I used volume dwn to highlight recovery & vol up to select. It boots and the android guy with the exclamation comes up, but instead of seeing the next menu and being able to choose wipe cache all I see is "No Command"
    glenn9643 likes this.
    11-09-2013 12:50 AM
    Yes. I get to the first screen after pressing vol down & power; then I used volume dwn to highlight recovery & vol up to select. It boots and the android guy with the exclamation comes up, but instead of seeing the next menu and being able to choose wipe cache all I see is "No Command"
    Ok, hang on a sec--you didn't mention Step 5 from those instructions. So you highlighted Recovery and pressed Vol Up to select, and then got to the Android guy with the exclamation mark. Now, what happens when you press and hold the Vol Up button for about 10 seconds, then tap the Power button, as described in the instruction page? Or did you do that and still only got the No Command message?
    newbeginning828 likes this.
    11-09-2013 12:57 AM
    ^^^. Yes, there is a step that is easy to miss when you get to the "no command"

this is the part that I was missing after the "no command" came up...

Press Volume Up for 10-15 seconds
    Then, while still holding Volume Up press Power and release both

Display -- Android System Recovery
    Press Volume Down four times to select Wipe cache partition
    Press Power to select
    11-09-2013 07:53 AM
    Thanks guys... I completely missed that part!
    Coming from the OG Razr Maxx I looked over the instructions and thought it was the same process.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-09-2013 04:42 PM
    yes I followed the instructions and I got to no command which was after going to recovery mode.... and I did try the vol up for 15 sec n den pressing the power botton ... it didn't do anything ... and I waited for a min and it rebooted mi fone again and right wen it starts .. after 5 second it reboots again and again and again ... plz help !!! thanks .....
    11-13-2013 04:58 AM
    Did you keep the Volume Up button pressed while you also pressed Volume Down? They have to be pressed together, not sequentially.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-13-2013 05:58 PM
    Did you keep the Volume Up button pressed while you also pressed Volume Down? They have to be pressed together, not sequentially.

Posted via Android Central App
    Then release quickly
    11-13-2013 06:33 PM
    How is this different from App Cache Cleaner? I tried the recovery cache cleaner too and got stuck at the same place.. I got very nervous since I could not do a battery pull. After several tries, I downloaded the app. Phone working fantastic! Went 48 hours and had 70% battery left.

Sent from Droid Maxx
    11-13-2013 06:57 PM
    How is this different from App Cache Cleaner? I tried the recovery cache cleaner too and got stuck at the same place.. I got very nervous since I could not do a battery pull. After several tries, I downloaded the app. Phone working fantastic! Went 48 hours and had 70% battery left.

Sent from Droid Maxx
    App Cache Cleaner clears the individual app data caches. You can do that without a 3rd party app by selecting any app in Settings/Apps and tapping Clear Cache, but the 3rd party apps make it much easier to clear all app caches at the same time.

Individual app caches are different than the system cache partition, which is where temporary system data and logfiles (sometimes out of date, related to previous OS versions) hangs out. This data can sometimes contribute to various glitches, slowdowns, etc. (especially after a system update), so it can help to clear it. There is no way to clear the system cache partition using any conventional Android app or command--you have to do it from Recovery.

Clearing app data caches can improve performance by freeing up storage space, but it won't necessarily fix glitches.
    perkdog65 likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:43 PM
    Thank You so much! After getting the "no command" prompt, I held the volume up button and a black background with red writing appeared. I was the able to select and perform a factory wipe. The phone works again!
    12-29-2014 05:22 PM
    Even after I get to clear cache partition and it says erasing, my screen goes black and then once again, the Motorola insignia is still frozen on my screen. What do I do?
    04-02-2015 09:27 AM
    Hey all, has anyone had this problem:
    Razr M will continuously loop the Droid Eye / Boot Screen / Logo, no matter what? I've tried wiping the cache, using hydrogenous's procedure here: razrforums . com /forum/droid-razr-maxx/3253-phone-stuck-load-up-screen.html

I found hal1's M-specific Triage Screen steps here:

forums . androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-maxx/332350-wipe-cache-no-command.html

And all that happens is after displaying "Erasing" for about 5-8 seconds, it reboots and hangs on that blasted shiny, red, evil Eye of Android.

If I take too long choosing an option on the Boot screen, mid-selection or not, it reboots and hangs on that blasted shiny, red, evil Eye of Android.

I haven't factory reset yet, as it's my wife's and it wouldn't be the first time this POS has needed a clean slate, so it's getting tiresome.

Also, as a backstory, this thing is the second iteration of replacements M's for my wife's VZW line.
    The first - battery drainage
    The second - call/speaker and touch issues
    This one - it started automatically and (seemingly) fully rebooting mid-use, but rather quickly. Like the OS dipped out for a powder for 10-15 secs, threw up that blasted shiny, red, evil Eye of Android in it's absence, then returned all cracked out and super fast for the next few hours, then rinse/repeat.

I've searched as much as I can search and gone as far as I'd like to have to until FR. I rooted my old D2 , the first of these M's she had, and our nexus 7 2013, so I know my way around enough. I was going to see about rooting this one, but realized I can't get it recognized. I've got ADB drivers installed and was just using motofail2go out of curiousity and can't remember what I used for the first one.

Any help would be great!
    11-16-2015 05:18 AM