DROID RAZR M (& Developer Edition) will be upgraded to KitKat (Android 4.4)

binaryhermit

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, while this is a promising sign regarding getting KitKat, it's still possible, though extremely unlikely that we won't actually receive an update. And honestly, I think I'd be OK with staying on Jelly Bean.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, while this is a promising sign regarding getting KitKat, it's still possible, though extremely unlikely that we won't actually receive an update. And honestly, I think I'd be OK with staying on Jelly Bean.

Honestly.

Posted via Android Central App

binaryhermit

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry that I was so borderline-inappropriately pessimistic. But it wouldn't be the first time a Motorola (Cliq XT/Eclair) or Droid (Droid Incredible 2/ICS) phone didn't get a promised update. On the other hand, Google now owns Motorola and has an incentive to update older phones when they can.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry that I was so borderline-inappropriately pessimistic. But it wouldn't be the first time a Motorola (Cliq XT/Eclair) or Droid (Droid Incredible 2/ICS) phone didn't get a promised update. On the other hand, Google now owns Motorola and has an incentive to update older phones when they can.

Motorola has never gone back on their word for their Verizon phones.

And the DINC2 is an HTC phone.

binaryhermit

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when they will push this out.

I can't remember where I saw this, but some Android site guessed that the Moto X would get it first (which has already happened), then the MAXX/Ultra/Mini, then the RAZR M/RAZR HD/RAZR HD MAXX, no earlier than Q1. On the other hand, while looking for that article, I found this:
Android 4.4 KitKat Update Schedule: What Devices Will Get It and When? which suggests that it will be no earlier than the end of Q2, possibly not until the end of next year. But officially, nothing has been released regarding the timeline.