Moved photos, now having issues.

mandajean14

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
So here's my deal. My last Razr M corrupted an SD card for me, so here I am with a new phone and new card.

I never got to the put the card in until recently, so there was a couple gigs worth of iFunny pics, camera pics, vids, backgrounds I made and such all chilling and taking up a ton of space on my phone. So, I wanted to move the pics and such using the SD file manager app, but that just kinda failed altogether. Long story short, I wound up doing the whole connect to PC via USB and moved them manually, keeping the same file names, onto the SD card. However, now nothing on the card shows up in my gallery. Also, the music files that I added can't seem to be found, even if I go into Play Music, and use the drop down to 'see all music.'
How do I fix these 2 issues? I really like this phone, I'm just finding that doing things like this with it is.... not great. I'm kinda desperate for help here

And, is there any way to make it so that from now on, all downloads, saved pics from iFunny, etc, go straight to my existing files on my SD card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try doing the following:

1. Go to Settings/Storage, then Unmount your SD card.
2. Go to Settings/Apps/All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache and Clear Data.
3. Reinsert your SD card (and Mount it from the Settings/Storage menu, if it doesn't do so automatically).
4. Wait a few minutes as the phone scans the card for media. Hopefully, it will identify all of your media and populate the Gallery appropriately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678