DROID RAZR M: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: RAZR M: KitKat Update

I have an S4 in addition to my M and I got the update for the S4 a couple of weeks ago. With the exception of a couple of subtle changes, it's really kind of transparent.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Because of TouchWiz most likely. I'm sure moto's subtle skin won't change much either but it's the access to apps that are limited to kitkat and the lightweight os that were hoping for.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I have an S4 in addition to my M and I got the update for the S4 a couple of weeks ago. With the exception of a couple of subtle changes, it's really kind of transparent.

That is because of touchwiz. I am thinking Motorola might change some icons and clean stuff up. I hope they don`t touch SmartActions though. Also KitKat is less RAM intensive and speeds devices up, and allows access to KK features like Immersive mode, which I loved on my Moto X.

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

There was a similar thread like this in the dinc2 forums saying it would get jellybean/ics

I think I remember that. After waiting and waiting, only to be disappointed, I vowed to never by HTC again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

C'MON! I'm ready to give this KitKat thing a ride!

My unrooted M is lagging, lately. Ready for an update and reset.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: It's official!!

Because of where I am (and how it usually is with me and updates) it'll probably hit my phone by Wednesday, or Thursday but before Friday.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Updated:

David Schuster posted about the DROID RAZR M too:

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/fd9ZPVLRauK

Here is more good news for DROID RAZR M owners... We have started to roll out the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2 today for your device. Throughout the week we will be pushing it out to all of you so enjoy. Here are the release notes.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/99453/

• Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat?: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
  • Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
  • Hangouts - SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Quick reminder. This is a rollout. Historically with Motorola, there are stages of push which ends when the update can be pulled. Your location is irrelevant so there is no need to post, "got the update here in San Diego, CA" and "still waiting for the update in Pensacola, FL".

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on mines. Will check again tomorrow.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So tempted to push the "check for updates" button, but want to give others time to share their experience / horror stories.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams