Two minor questions with new(used) phone...

double_0_7

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I recently changed RAZR M's because of the issues I was having with Kit Kat. (Basically used craigslist to go back and was just out $10, all said and done).

One thing I'm seeing is that now, the podcasts I have stored on the SD card are showing up in the music player. I don't like that. Well, I don't really like the music player anyway, but this is just another thing. Is there a way to stop this? As a side note, does anyone have a music player they like better? I paid the 2.99 or whatever for pocketcast, so I'm not opposed to paying for a good app.

Also, on my old phone, I accidentally created a home page maps shortcut that just always immediately provided directions home. Does anyone know how I did this? I miss it now, but since I did it accidentally years ago, I don't remember anymore.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently changed RAZR M's because of the issues I was having with Kit Kat. (Basically used craigslist to go back and was just out $10, all said and done).

One thing I'm seeing is that now, the podcasts I have stored on the SD card are showing up in the music player. I don't like that. Well, I don't really like the music player anyway, but this is just another thing. Is there a way to stop this? As a side note, does anyone have a music player they like better? I paid the 2.99 or whatever for pocketcast, so I'm not opposed to paying for a good app.

Also, on my old phone, I accidentally created a home page maps shortcut that just always immediately provided directions home. Does anyone know how I did this? I miss it now, but since I did it accidentally years ago, I don't remember anymore.

I don't have a RAZR M, but I do love PowerAmp. $4 or 5, and well worth it. PowerAmp allows you to tweak the whole app, including where it looks for music. This will help you to separate your podcasts form your general music list.

As for your shortcut, I have no idea. But Google Now, once you have Home set as a location, it will always tell you how to get home.