Rumors/Updates for Release Date

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I want the RAZR MAXX HD but i think the screen is very big and the whole device is closely to the Galaxy Note in size, it won't fit my pocket and it won't be comfortable to sit in the office while the device is in my huge pocket, It also still dual-core while most devices are changing to quad-core. I prefer the old Razr Maxx.

Ibraheem S. Ibraheem
Ibraheem.h89@gmail.com
Sent from my Samsung GT-i9100 Galaxy S2

The note is substantially bigger in both height and width. I would not compare the two. Wait until you hold the razr maxx hd and see what you think. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is on the 19th. Hopefully there are some MAXXes still

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

My upgrade is the 19th as well. I really want this phone and have been PATIENTLY waiting for news. (LOL) I am disappointed in the $299 price tag. I am also upset about the loss of unlimited data, but that is for another thread.

Thanks for all of the chatter here, I do not post often, but read here every day. I feel as if I know what is going on in the android world because of the wealth of information found here at AC.

boatman11

Banned
Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade is the 19th as well. I really want this phone and have been PATIENTLY waiting for news. (LOL) I am disappointed in the $299 price tag. I am also upset about the loss of unlimited data, but that is for another thread.

Thanks for all of the chatter here, I do not post often, but read here every day. I feel as if I know what is going on in the android world because of the wealth of information found here at AC.

So close! I don't think they'll run out lol.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
So close! I don't think they'll run out lol.

Just get to the store early if you can :) The S3 sold crazy and Motorola doesn't have the spark of followers. Think about the sheer number of iPhone upgrades and Samsung upgrades that happened in recent times. The new Razr's will not have any major sellouts, I don't see it happening even by a large margin. People want big batteries so the MAXX may move pretty decent.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So glad you all got confirmation you needed from my accurate information and while we did more training today. Sadly there was not much new information on the phone expect of course it will launch will ICS and Moto has promised us Jelly Bean will hit the DROID Razr M / HD / HD MAXX by end of this year."

Thanks for the info.
I have a Thunderbolt and I am not able to upgrade until after the new year. If a Jelly Bean upgrade has been released for the Maxx HD, will the new units sold in the store come pre-loaded with JB, or will an over the air upgrade still be required?

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
silly question here but...
If I preorder this phone (assuming verizon allow a preorder before next thursday) will I recieve the phone in the mail on launch date?
Should I just go to a retail store and get the phone? The only reason I ask this is because often times at the store you do not get the discounted price as you do online? Say I was getting the razr hd when the price is 199.99 in store it might be 249.99 with a $50 mail in rebate.

somone correct me if I'm wrong here and I will just head out early to get the phone at my local store

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
If I preorder this phone (assuming verizon allow a preorder before next thursday) will I recieve the phone in the mail on launch date?
Should I just go to a retail store and get the phone? The only reason I ask this is because often times at the store you do not get the discounted price as you do online? Say I was getting the razr hd when the price is 199.99 in store it might be 249.99 with a $50 mail in rebate.

somone correct me if I'm wrong here and I will just head out early to get the phone at my local store

Correct the store works with rebates. Ordering online you'd get an instant 50 off. The phone ships out on launch day. You'd have it on the 19th. Pretty sure this is standard.

maxxHD

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
When I spoke with the verizon customer service rep I was told that there was no preorder option and that it would be in stores on launch day. I specifically asked about preorder though cause I am not sure how popular this phone will be and I wanted to be sure to get one on launch day.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I have not seen this happen for like years. If verizon says it will be 199.99 and 299.99 for the maxx then that will be the base price. Verizon might sell it for 249.99 or 149.99 if its online sale only. It will be 199.99 and 299.99 in the store regardless of what the online store sells it for. I haven't seen verizon do any rebates for ages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about any details but the difference are the warranty options with Bestbuy versus Verizon, or any carrier really. In the end though you'll most likely have better service with Bestbuy with more robust warranty options.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. Im definitely going to research.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen this happen for like years. If verizon says it will be 199.99 and 299.99 for the maxx then that will be the base price. Verizon might sell it for 249.99 or 149.99 if its online sale only. It will be 199.99 and 299.99 in the store regardless of what the online store sells it for. I haven't seen verizon do any rebates for ages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Sure they do rebates. The advertised contract prices factor in the rebate, meaning those prices are advertised after the rebate. Meaning the store would be selling the MAXX HD for instance for $349 + tax on retail, then you'd have to mail in the receipt and barcode with rebate paperwork. They'll hand this over to you at the store.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly how most store fronts work...maybe Best Buy or Walmar as they carry most all the carrierst. Premium retailers must sell based on Vzw prices only devices that fall under "Map" pricing are allowed to be chosen at retailers choice. So nearly ALL of prices will be straight up $199.99 for HD and $299.99 there is no mail in rebates will phones at 200$ price range. Now if you saw them at like $149.99 like DROID Incredible 4 that has $50 mail in rebate. Hope that explains a bit more on launching prices and most devices outside Apple do not have pre-orders we have enough in stock to handle the orders, and most people can wait the 2-3 days it takes to get in more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze