This Or Galaxy Note 2

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I wanna future proof myself. Should I get this Razr Maxx HD or The Galaxy Note 2. Had the original Galaxy Note before and had a ball with it. Also had the original Razr Maxx and loved it. Dont know what to do.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hard to say man. Really hard to say. I was in the same boat as you but decided on the RAZR MAXX HD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I myself was so against Motorola after having the droid 2, droid 3, X, X2, and the Bionic. I just brought the Maxx after having the Galaxy Nexus for a year and I am sold. I am back on the Motorola wagon. I will be purchasing the Razr Maxx HD with confidence next week. I thought I would try the Maxx and go back to the Nexus and I can not do it. The battery life is amazing. I miss Jelly Bean, nfc, and the screen size of the GN. All I will have on the Razr Maxx HD in due time.

Will it hurt the Maxx to only have 2 cores and a meg of ram......I hope not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I wanna future proof myself.

Next to impossible to do in todays tech climate.

That being said, I have a Droid X, which is single core and I haven't found any apps that slow it down because it's not dual core. There are probably a few apps designed to take advantage of dual core but not a large number. The multi core phones have to be released before the developers start designing apps to take advantage of dual and quad core phones. I'm sure many people that are buying the quad core phones today will be getting new phones before there are many apps designed to take advantage of it. Sure, it's cool to say that you have a quad core phone, but not altogether necessary to take advantage of the apps you'll want. As always, I'm sure there will be exceptions to this, but they will be only a few and not the rule.

Best of luck to all of us, whatever we decide to do,

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the replys this is a really hard decission and it seems like a lot of people wanna go with moto because of the build quality battery life looks like its going to be close to the same i may try out both phones and then decide if i purchase from best buy on a 30 day return period

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I myself was so against Motorola after having the droid 2, droid 3, X, X2, and the Bionic. I just brought the Maxx after having the Galaxy Nexus for a year and I am sold. I am back on the Motorola wagon. I will be purchasing the Razr Maxx HD with confidence next week. I thought I would try the Maxx and go back to the Nexus and I can not do it. The battery life is amazing. I miss Jelly Bean, nfc, and the screen size of the GN. All I will have on the Razr Maxx HD in due time.

Will it hurt the Maxx to only have 2 cores and a meg of ram......I hope not

That's the issue I'm seeing here. The new RAZR HD is nice and all but is it necessary if you have a RAZR already? I want it badly but at full retail I'm not sure I want to drop $700. If it were a big gap in technology I wouldn't think twice but now I'm on the fence because next year I'll just want that too.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
That's the issue I'm seeing here. The new RAZR HD is nice and all but is it necessary if you have a RAZR already? I want it badly but at full retail I'm not sure I want to drop $700. If it were a big gap in technology I wouldn't think twice but now I'm on the fence because next year I'll just want that too.

I figure I can get close to 500 dollars for my GN and my Maxx so looking at about 250 out of pocket. Better than losing unlimited data. I feel there is enough of an improvement to take the plunge.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I figure I can get close to 500 dollars for my GN and my Maxx so looking at about 250 out of pocket. Better than losing unlimited data. I feel there is enough of an improvement to take the plunge.

True, I probably will do it out if impulse but for me I don't really see a point. Lol

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a used Galaxy S3 last week because I thought the Maxx HD was going to be pushed back until after thanksgiving. Now it's being released next week. This S3 is so awesome though, so it's making me think the Galaxy Note would be even better. I'm gonna have to play with them both in the store before I make my final decision.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the S3 and if the Note 2 comes out real soon, will probably go with it. The S3 has beat my expectations.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the replys this is a really hard decission and it seems like a lot of people wanna go with moto because of the build quality battery life looks like its going to be close to the same i may try out both phones and then decide if i purchase from best buy on a 30 day return period

And the Note will have TouchWiz which I personally am getting a little tired of.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i am in the same boat as the OP, was hoping for a nexus 4 but I am not leaving Verizon (only service that works where I travel)
so now i am looking for other options. right now it is between: Note II, Maxx HD and i want to see this HTC DNA coming out.

My GF just bought a Maxx HD and it is a GREAT phone. I feel like that thing could be used as a weapon in a bar fight, while using speaker phone and you would have no problems with speaker volume or damage to the phone. It is built like a tank. Right now Raido Shack has it $199 and Best Buy matched that price for her phone (good deal)

Played with a Sprint Note 2 at Best Buy and that phone is impressive. Big screen, big battery, has some sweet features. it is really a phone that makes you look at it in awe.

Basically i will wait till i can get my hands on the DNA till i make my decision

Sorry, i am just rambling....probably did not help you much.
good Luck with your decision

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
To me this is the ultimate question... was just hoping this thread would be a little more conclusive. The quad core and 2 gbs of ram won't mean much if utilizing them means at 9 pm when you're laying on the couch in the basement enjoying Modern Family your battery indicator is turning red and starts beeping, nagging you just enough to go all the way upstairs to get the damn charger. Especially if dual and 1gb is plenty sufficient. Or maybe quad & 2 ram makes big difference and even with enormous screen, 3100 battery still easily gets you through the whole day. Upgrading around Thanksgiving and I'm afraid playing with them in store won't answer those questions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Its really hard to make a decision in the store. Its just not enough time. Yeah first impressions count and you can conclude. Yeah this is awesome or this sucks. I love everything about the Maxx HD. Size. Screen. Build quality. Battery life. I've had many phones. Including the s3. While the s3 was a top end android device. It needed to be rooted. The Maxx HD is the FIRST android device I've owned that I don't feel the need to root right away. I'm sure once development goes viral. I will root. Just for added battery life and speed.

I wouldn't want anything larger than what I have. It just gets too clumsy to use. I also don't want to hold a tablet to my ear when I need to make or answer a call.

Its ALL based on personal preference. Dual core...you don't need much more in your hand. It will do everything you need it to do. Keeping up...is also impossible. Once you buy something. Verizon already has another scheduled release on the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835