Off Contract Pricing Revealed

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If this is trusted it is now out of my price range possibly but we shall see. Normally my maximum amount is $650 before tax. Best Buy appears to say $750 for the Maxx but they normally add $50 so $700.

I really want an HD so I can avoid all of these refurbished failures Verizon has sent me but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $700+ before sales tax hits me.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/1...azr-hd-will-cost-700-full-retail-at-best-buy/
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
If this is trusted it is now out of my price range possibly but we shall see. Normally my maximum amount is $650 before tax. Best Buy appears to say $750 for the Maxx but they normally add $50 so $700.

I really want an HD so I can avoid all of these refurbished failures Verizon has sent me but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $700+ before sales tax hits me.

Droid RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD Off Contract Prices Leaked for Best Buy

I guess I might be keeping my Razr Maxx if the Maxx HD comes out for 700+. The Canadian Razr HD is $599 off contract, I was hoping the Maxx HD would be more like $649. Like the Galaxy SIII 32GB.

Razr M - $549
Razr HD - $599
Razr Maxx HD - $649

At least that is what I thought

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I might be keeping my Razr Maxx if the Maxx HD comes out for 700+. The Canadian Razr HD is $599 off contract, I was hoping the Maxx HD would be more like $649. Like the Galaxy SIII 32GB.

Razr M - $549
Razr HD - $599
Razr Maxx HD - $649

At least that is what I thought

It's still a possibility so let's keep our fingers crossed. Best Buy has been known to over charge for phones and I hope it holds true here. I can't see myself spending $700 on a phone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Wow. Definitely out of my price range too. I just got an M so I'm within my 14day return period. But that means I would have to add more cash just to get an HD screen. I don't think that's a go for me. I'm sure I can get a maxx for a good price these days.

Sent from my shaving device

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Razr M - $549
Razr HD - $599
Razr Maxx HD - $649

These are now the Official prices from Verizon Wireless

Picking up my Maxx HD on Thursday!!!!

jammocaz

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited data and was going to pay the retail amount for the maxx HD. However a friend that is an authorized reseller stated that for unlimited data users grandfathered the bandwidth to these accounts will be throttled down? WHAT THE HECK! I looked into it and one tech stated that if you reach high bandwidth but according to what I have been reading it does not matter. This is big red's way of forcing grandfathered users to a shared plan?

Network Optimization

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear about the prices and I'll be at Verizon Thursday after work. I hope they don't sell out but I doubt they will.

And the Network Optimization is for 3G not 4G

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited data and was going to pay the retail amount for the maxx HD. However a friend that is an authorized reseller stated that for unlimited data users grandfathered the bandwidth to these accounts will be throttled down? WHAT THE HECK! I looked into it and one tech stated that if you reach high bandwidth but according to what I have been reading it does not matter. This is big red's way of forcing grandfathered users to a shared plan?

Network Optimization

That's only for 3G, not 4G. It appears 4G cannot be throttled, that's what I've read around the forums.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been debating if paying the full price to keep unlimited data is worth it or not. I typically use about 2gb monthly. My concern is with the new phone my data would increase and I would go over on a regular basis. Any opinions would be welcomed.
I stopped at a store today and was able to check out the phone and it is very nice. Beautiful build and great screen.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been debating if paying the full price to keep unlimited data is worth it or not. I typically use about 2gb monthly. My concern is with the new phone my data would increase and I would go over on a regular basis. Any opinions would be welcomed.
I stopped at a store today and was able to check out the phone and it is very nice. Beautiful build and great screen.

Did you ask how many will be available? I'm hoping I can get one at 6Pm...

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you ask how many will be available? I'm hoping I can get one at 6Pm...

I contacted three local stores - 2 Verizon stores and a Radio Shack. None of them had received the shipment as of last night, but assured me they would have them on the 18th. The two Verizon stores had the floor demo phone but are unable to put it out until the 18th, they also said they had Cases and other accessories for the phone as well. All accessories are suppose to be released on the 18th along side the phone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I contacted three local stores - 2 Verizon stores and a Radio Shack. None of them had received the shipment as of last night, but assured me they would have them on the 18th. The two Verizon stores had the floor demo phone but are unable to put it out until the 18th, they also said they had Cases and other accessories for the phone as well. All accessories are suppose to be released on the 18th along side the phone.

Thank you for the information. I'll be headed over there on Thursday after work and hopefully picking mine up.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I called a local Verizon store. The guy said the Razr HD will sell for $650. I hope he meant the Maxx. I was really expecting $600 for the regular and $650 Maxx. I Guess whats an extra $50 when you're already spending $600+?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I called a local Verizon store. The guy said the Razr HD will sell for $650. I hope he meant the Maxx. I was really expecting $600 for the regular and $650 Maxx. I Guess whats an extra $50 when you're already spending $600+?

Man. Prices add up quick though. Its just insane how much Verizon in selling these devices for. Maybe they're catching on to the "buy off contract" deal.

I would love to grab a maxx HD. I actually got to see one yesterday when I got my RAZR maxx. The guy that sold me his maxx works for Motorola. He had the prototype with him. Really nice piece of hardware. Nice screen size too. I'll wait til they drop in price and get one on craigslist. I'm actually happy with my maxx.

Transmitted from the cutting edge of my electronic shaving device

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Call back and verify. I was going to pick one up at $650 but at $700 I'm on the fence. An additional $50 also adds on approximately $5 in additional taxes. Dang it!

maxxHD

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I agree with the advice to call back and double check that info... I called verizons customer service (611) and was told that the razr maxx hd was showing 649.99 in the computer. The guy I spoke with had never heard of it but was surprised by the specs when he found it in the computer. Lol

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the advice to call back and double check that info... I called verizons customer service (611) and was told that the razr maxx hd was showing 649.99 in the computer. The guy I spoke with had never heard of it but was surprised by the specs when he found it in the computer. Lol

I verified and the Maxx is $650.

One store said they had no price and the other actually looked in their computer.