Google Wallet

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have an idea if I will be able to use Google Wallet on the maxx hd? I remember Verizon was blocking it on some phones earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have an idea if I will be able to use Google Wallet on the maxx hd? I remember Verizon was blocking it on some phones earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It is blocked on the M so it would be my guess it is blocked here as well. I had the opportunity to try ISIS and it is pretty nice. I am sure someone over at XDA will get Google Wallet working on the Maxx HD.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. I don't get why carriers still do that. Let us use the device the way we want.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. I don't get why carriers still do that. Let us use the device the way we want.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Verizon is technically violating the FCC rules for carriers using LTE by blocking Google Wallet. I do not have a reference, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I did find some info on that in articles mentioning the ruling on blocking tethering apps like FoxFi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If more people file a complaint with the FCC Verizon will have to address it. They got back to me years ago when I filed a complaint regarding how slow they used to take to port numbers over. I filed a complaint over their blocking of Google Wallet.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just search FCC Complaint. Under the type of complaint select net neutrality and enter all pertinent info. I added that they are also violating the sherman anti-trust act by blocking an application that competes with their own program.

progers

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had loaded G Wallet on wifes Gnex while back and was using it. Now it's blocked. Verizon, along with other carriers have launched their pilot Isis wallet in Austin & Salt Lake City this week. It is coming soon to the rest of their customers as soon as the test period is over and they work out any found bugs. Just read this week that the razr hd & maxx is Isis ready. need to have nfc sim card and download the app from play store when it comes available. I've watched the youtube video's of it and it looks good.

progers

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
There was a security update today for the Droid Razr HD/Maxx. I tried to search for Isis Wallet 2 days ago and it was not there for this phone. After the security update today, I found Isis Wallet is now available for download on the Razr HD/Razr HD Maxx now. I have downloaded it. Now waiting for it to come to my area in SC.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I get a warning that my Motorola Maxx HD is not compatible and it tells me to uninstall it from my phone. God I want google wallet again.

Screenshot_2012-10-28-07-36-54.png

Last edited:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I get a warning that my Motorola Maxx HD is not compatible and it tells me to uninstall it from my phone. God I want google wallet again.

View attachment 43501

You need their new NFC compatible SIM. Just swing by the VZW store and they'll hook you up, no charge. I live in SLC, and I'm excited to try Isis. They gave me $25 in my account just for signing up, so that was cool too.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Not the case...I went inn to Verizon and spoke to them on the phone and they said I have the correct SIM card and that this is 3rd party app and they can not assist me with my issue, that I have to reach out to ISIS.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Not the case...I went inn to Verizon and spoke to them on the phone and they said I have the correct SIM card and that this is 3rd party app and they can not assist me with my issue, that I have to reach out to ISIS.

So they gave you a new, red SIM card when you got the phone? If you have your old SIM card, you don't have the right one.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So they gave you a new, red SIM card when you got the phone? If you have your old SIM card, you don't have the right one.

The NFC SIM cards are part of the Isis rollout. Only Verizon stores in SLC and Austin have them now. When Isis availability is expanded, other locations will have new SIMs. Before then, they won't know what you're talking about.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The NFC SIM cards are part of the Isis rollout. Only Verizon stores in SLC and Austin have them now. When Isis availability is expanded, other locations will have new SIMs. Before then, they won't know what you're talking about.

So do you know that the guy with the problem isn't in one of those areas?

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So do you know that the guy with the problem isn't in one of those areas?

His profile says Richmond, VA but it could be a trick I guess. The other clue is that if he were in SLC or Austin they would have known what he was talking about and that Isis is not a "third-party app."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463