RAZR HD Maxx Questions and Answers Thread

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't see an option to move apps to an SD card. What am I missing?

That feature is gone in ICS.

I had the option on my EVO LTE which was running ICS.

Must be a Droid thing.

Naw, its there with ICS on these phone too. Its just named differently. On my RAZR, its called move to phone and move to internal storage. One of them is the sd card. I just installed a JB leak on my Maxx HD...and I dont see any option anymore....thats not good...

I dont remember if it was on my Maxx HD with ICS tho...so it could be specific to the RAZR HD's...

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Naw, its there with ICS on these phone too. Its just named differently. On my RAZR, its called move to phone and move to internal storage. One of them is the sd card. I just installed a JB leak on my Maxx HD...and I dont see any option anymore....thats not good...

I dont remember if it was on my Maxx HD with ICS tho...so it could be specific to the RAZR HD's...
There's no move app to sd on the GS3 either. It seems to be disabled on ICS unless the internal storage size is relatively small.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Naw, its there with ICS on these phone too. Its just named differently. On my RAZR, its called move to phone and move to internal storage. One of them is the sd card.

Not sure which part you didn't understand, but it is not a feature on the MAXX HD.

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use my Thunderbolt to tether as my only source of internet at home as I live in a rural area. I do have the unlimited hotspot plan with verizon, but find the stock hotspots app to be unreliable. I use either the open garden app or the wifi tether app.

Can someone tell me what the story is with tethering on the Maxx HD as this is one of the most important features of a phone for me. Can I use fox first with this phone or is it incompatible?

Or, if I root, will the wifi tethering app work? What about Open Garden? Thanks for any replies here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I use a battery app called Battery Notifier Pro.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.larryvgs.batterypro&token=BMUb7ZSK

Besides putting a nice BIG number in the notification area, it keeps you posted regarding your phones temperature. You can customize the percent number from green, to blue to orange to red. You get to pick the colors and percentages. You also have options to download different fonts and number colors and background colors.

Many battery apps are nice, I just happen to like this one.

Good luck all. :cool:

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Swype to the "Quick Settings" Page; select "Go to all Settings"; Scroll down and choose "Apps PERSONAL"; choose "ALL"; scroll down to select "Google Search" and then "Disable"

This removes it from the home screen and all other screens. It DOES NOT free up screen space though :>(

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I use my Thunderbolt to tether as my only source of internet at home as I live in a rural area. I do have the unlimited hotspot plan with verizon, but find the stock hotspots app to be unreliable. I use either the open garden app or the wifi tether app.

Can someone tell me what the story is with tethering on the Maxx HD as this is one of the most important features of a phone for me. Can I use fox first with this phone or is it incompatible?

Or, if I root, will the wifi tethering app work? What about Open Garden? Thanks for any replies here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can directly USB tether with the Maxx HD. In settings its right there. The tethering option will be highlighted once you connect your USB to your PC.
I use that way with my laptop. For Netflix or tethering our Xbox and nexus7 I use foxfi flawlessly. I'm in a rural area as well

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that's good to know. I always thought vzw started charging you as soon as you tethered if you used the built in tether rather than a play store app or rooted rom option.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that's good to know. I always thought vzw started charging you as soon as you tethered if you used the built in tether rather than a play store app or rooted rom option.

You must add the $30 feature before the built in application can be used. You will be charged for using it though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You must add the $30 feature before the built in application can be used. You will be charged for using it though.

I could be wrong. Part of the reason verizon switched to the data share plans was because of the FCC deal they swung to aquire more bandwidth in which the FCC mandated that they make it available to consumers at fair prices. People on the unlimited plan that were charged for hot spotting broke that agreement.
In changing to the data shareplan, that ran with the FCC arrangement and satisfied the fed. In changing that plan, the FCC made verizon give their previous unlimited plan customers the option to switch to the new plan or remain in the unlimited plan for x amount of time or renew their contracts. People that remained grandfathered in the unlimited plan weren't charged for hot spot or tethering... which is what I'm in.

I am not currently charged for USB tethering which is built into the functionality of the Maxx HD. For those in the current data share plan you do have to pay the $30 fee for hot spot or tether.

I'll see if I can find that article referring to the FCC vs verizon.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong. Part of the reason verizon switched to the data share plans was because of the FCC deal they swung to aquire more bandwidth in which the FCC mandated that they make it available to consumers at fair prices. People on the unlimited plan that were charged for hot spotting broke that agreement.
In changing to the data shareplan, that ran with the FCC arrangement and satisfied the fed. In changing that plan, the FCC made verizon give their previous unlimited plan customers the option to switch to the new plan or remain in the unlimited plan for x amount of time or renew their contracts. People that remained grandfathered in the unlimited plan weren't charged for hot spot or tethering... which is what I'm in.

I am not currently charged for USB tethering which is built into the functionality of the Maxx HD. For those in the current data share plan you do have to pay the $30 fee for hot spot or tether.

I'll see if I can find that article referring to the FCC vs verizon.

The FCC mandated that Verizon could not tell those on data capped plans such as 2 GB how they can use their data. While the hotspots still cost money I believe, using third party apps wasn't against the rules. Unlimited plans, however, still must pay. Third party apps are against the terms of Verizon. Share Everything plans use the same data though but I'm not sure how it truly works with a hotspot. I know you pay per device but I'm not sure on tethering cost if any.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually called vzw and asked if it was alright to use foxfi. The girl said it was ok. I told her i had unlimited data and thought it wasn't allowed but she kept saying it was fine. On the other hand I have gotten bad info from their reps in the past so it's hard to trust them.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The FCC mandated that Verizon could not tell those on data capped plans such as 2 GB how they can use their data. While the hotspots still cost money I believe, using third party apps wasn't against the rules. Unlimited plans, however, still must pay. Third party apps are against the terms of Verizon. Share Everything plans use the same data though but I'm not sure how it truly works with a hotspot. I know you pay per device but I'm not sure on tethering cost if any.

Ah gotcha. Thanks for correcting me there eclipse. I knew it was something along those lines.
I've tethered via USB a lot and haven't been charged. When I had my Maxx a while back the action prompted the you must sign up option from what I recall but that hasn't come up with the HD.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ah gotcha. Thanks for correcting me there eclipse. I knew it was something along those lines.
I've tethered via USB a lot and haven't been charged. When I had my Maxx a while back the action prompted the you must sign up option from what I recall but that hasn't come up with the HD.

How did his explanation help? According to him we have to pay?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad