RAZR HD Maxx Questions and Answers Thread

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
How did his explanation help? According to him we have to pay?

His correction was to me about the FCC ruling against verizon.

All I can say is I'm grandfathered into unlimited and am not being charged for hotspots (I use foxfi not Verizon's hotspots) or for tethering via usb

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
His correction was to me about the FCC ruling against verizon.

All I can say is I'm grandfathered into unlimited and am not being charged for hotspots (I use foxfi not Verizon's hotspots) or for tethering via usb

FoxFi will work for free because its third party. As for USB, I never tried but if it works for you than its all good. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi will work for free because its third party. As for USB, I never tried but if it works for you than its all good. :)

I know that but since I have grandfathered unlimited data am I in trouble with vzw if i use it?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I know that but since I have grandfathered unlimited data am I in trouble with vzw if i use it?

No, just don't use 100 GB a month and they won't know. The issue is when someone goes over as if it's a PC. Verizon prohibits it but everyone does it.

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the percentage of battery remaining be displayed in the notification bar at the top of the display? I finally gave up looking and installed Battery Notification from the Play Store. I like having it there so my battery info is known to me at all times, and I didn't have to return to the home screen to check on my battery life.

I realize this isn't an earth shattering problem cuz the battery in our Maxx HD's is a beast and lasts an incredibly long time, but I got used to having it on my Droid X.

Patiently waiting for the release of my next smartphone in the Summer of 2014! :)

You could always just get a battery widget.
I like Gauge Battery Widget

link:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ttwidget&feature=search_result&token=Cu-139oy.

hCDcYfj6emf4lNCoUNX6UIu1nsjZ9_uGm7Jb_D9QFcF4lEpaeV43-nvX0WVfsEivAiw=w705

Last edited:

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You could always just get a battery widget.
I like Gauge Battery Widget

Yeah, that's what I did. I installed Battery Notification Pro from the play store. I like it because I can change the colors of the percentage left numbers. I start it out at green and change it to blue, orange, and finally red as I approach 10% battery left. It also checks the phones temperature.

here's the link to it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.larryvgs.batterypro&hl=en&token=MkuE7D_J

But everybody likes different things, this just happens to be the one I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC