Case for the Maxx HD

Bob-B

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a case with some protection and purchased the Incipio DualPro case and the Otterbox Commuter case with the idea of returning the one I didn't like as well. The DualPro was 29.95 (no shipping or sales tax charges) and the Commuter was $34.95 plus $4.81 shipping (to Atlanta) and $3.18 sales tax, for a total of $42.94. They are both the same type of case in that they have two pieces - a silicone sheath that covers the phone and a hard plastic shell that snaps over the majority of the silicone sheath to hold the sheath in place and provide protection. With either case, you lose that wonderful thin form factor of the Maxx HD, but such is the price for protection. The silicone sheath on the Commuter is a little thicker than the one on the DualPro, consequently with both pieces installed the Commuter case is slightly bigger and somewhat thicker than the DualPro, and for me the most noticeable part was the increased thickness in my hand of the Commuter case. The other major difference I noticed was the surface of the plastic shells on the two cases. On the DualPro, it is slightly rubberized and feels just like the Kevlar back of the phone. On the Commuter, it is a hard surface, and even though it has some molded texture to it, I found the Commuter surface much more slippery. So between the smaller size, the rubberized shell surface, and the less cost I kept the DualPro and returned the Commuter.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Naked, Mostly. However I need a case for days playing volleyball on the beach, probably go with one of the otterbox cases for that.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's funny but I am so used to the blunderbuss sized Tbolt that the naked razr maxx hd feels too narrow for me to comfortably hold without a case.

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my otterbox commuter. Taking a while to get here .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

How much is it supposed to add to the sides of the phone? I'm not too concerned with overall thickness as the MAXX HD doesn't actually seem very thick to me.

TMPNOVA

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
First post on the forum. I'm upgrading from the Droid X to the RAZR Maxx HD in a couple of weeks. I've used a Trident case on my Droid X for the whole time and I've liked it a great deal. Has anyone used a Trident with a kickstand for the Maxx HD?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
First post on the forum. I'm upgrading from the Droid X to the RAZR Maxx HD in a couple of weeks. I've used a Trident case on my Droid X for the whole time and I've liked it a great deal. Has anyone used a Trident with a kickstand for the Maxx HD?

I've been looking for a case with kickstand besides the vzw case so please let me know if you find it and it is good.

TMPNOVA

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Trident Cases about the Kraken Case for the Razr Maxx HD. This one is supposed to be available "within the month of December" and they said to check their website daily...nothing there yet. Check out the photos for the Razr Maxx, it looks pretty good too. I've been quite satisfied with the case I've had for my Droid X.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Trident Cases about the Kraken Case for the Razr Maxx HD. This one is supposed to be available "within the month of December" and they said to check their website daily...nothing there yet. Check out the photos for the Razr Maxx, it looks pretty good too. I've been quite satisfied with the case I've had for my Droid X.
Ohhh. I'm gonna have to check them out. My biggest gripe with Otterbox is that they do not make a belt clip holster that can work with a 1.75" wide duty belt. So far only Sedio made one. If these guys make compatible clips I'm going to have to check them out.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ohhh. I'm gonna have to check them out. My biggest gripe with Otterbox is that they do not make a belt clip holster that can work with a 1.75" wide duty belt. So far only Sedio made one. If these guys make compatible clips I'm going to have to check them out.

I have done the Otterbox Commuter and Seidio Spring Clip on 3 phones now, its like they are made for each other. All have fit like gloves. BB Bold 9900, HTC One X and now my MAXX HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

TMPNOVA

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks like Trident is beginning their roll-out of cases for the Droid Razr Maxx HD: the Aegis Case. This looks about like what I have for the Droid X, before trident had these different model names. I'm still going to wait for the kraken or kraken a.m.s.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the otterbox commuter but i wish it had a more rubbery feel to it. Is there a case that has the protection but a rubber feel to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad