Apps that are safe to disable

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone come up with a list of apps that are safe to disable on this phone? Any apps that you want to disable but can't? How do you uninstall the Verizon Tones App?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just going off past devices, the normal or common mention apps safe for disable should still apply.

Bloatware such as Verizon's apps most likely need root access to uninstall/remove.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The apps I immediately disabled are: Amazon Kindle, Color, Email, Help, MC3, Real Racing 2, Setup Wizard, Slacker Radio, Sync Service, V Cast Tones, Verizon Video and VZ Navigator.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings, then Apps, then ALL, then click on each app listed above and click on the "Disable" button. They will then appear at the very bottom of the ALL list when you scroll all the way down, so you can always re-enable them if you ever want to.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Has your phone acted funny at all after disabling any of those?

Not at all. I actually just disabled several more which I'll never use, including Weather, the Circles widget, Voice Commands, Music, Movie Studio, Home screen tips, Gallery, etc. The only effect of doing so will be longer battery life and faster performance in my opinion. Obviously you have to be careful not to disable any apps that should stay running, but they're all fairly self-explanatory once you go through the list.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Disabled a bunch of those as well just now and don't see any immediate issues. Most of those apps are stand alone apps that won't cause any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37